Sign in to follow this  
berto

eTCG.PL => New site for AGOT players

Hello,

I want to inform you about new site for AGOT players. I hope you will find it like Tzumainn and will use it as a resource for deck building and discuss about this card game.

So far you have almost ready search engine and deck creation, but it will be added soon a lot of new functionality like online trade system, messaging integrated message board and league.

Card Engine has all editions including last two:

A Time of Ravens: Refugees of War: etcg.pl/portal/agot,edition-11:preview

A Time of Ravens: Scattered Armies: etcg.pl/portal/agot,edition-12:preview

Now we are working to get picture for all cards. If someone can help especially for latest chapter packs editions I appreciate and promise to update them immediately. Of course Search engine and decks are in beta version so any your suggestion will help us to deliver product which you expect.

Site is in two languages: polish and english. To have english please choose appropriate symbol in upper-right corner.

All cards, decks comments and notes can by entered in two languages, so if you know polish you can make comments in both languages :)

If you like other TCG on this site we have additional 7 so we hope that you find something interesting.

Welcome to etcg.pl :)

Wow, you are really surprising me. I thought for other a year you´ll dumb the game (AGOT) as soon as possible, And now you come back and announce that you are going to put a lot of work into the game again constructing a web tool. Not that´s unappreciated, it´s just unexpected. Thank you for your engagement.  

I don't play this game any more but I still have my two legacy decks and somehow can't sell them. I didn't want to include AGOT in my website... but now when it's there I feel better. Don't know why assuming that I haven't had AGOT cards in hand in last 6 months :)

2 things:

1) i clicked english...nothing happened at least nothing overt

2) there are no clash of arms promos. The ones you have there are Iron Throne Edition.

Lars said:

1) i clicked english...nothing happened at least nothing overt

That's ok, you should have only english opinions and everything in english, you can click polish to see difference :)

Lars said:

2) there are no clash of arms promos. The ones you have there are Iron Throne Edition.

You are right I will change this

this is what i see when i hit english

A Game of Thrones

* Statystyki
* Aktualnosci
* Edycje
* Najnowsze karty
* Najnowsze talie

this is what i see whn i hit polish

A Game of Thrones

* Statystyki
* Aktualnosci
* Edycje
* Najnowsze karty
* Najnowsze talie

Awesome addition! By the way, the English works for me. Also, I like that there is a "shop" tab for each card...I have long felt that card databases like Tzumainn's should have suggestions for purchasing cards.

Since you're asking for comments/suggestions, I thought I would add a couple. Most of these are small issues, and I'm using Tzumainn's site as a comparison. (Sorry if some of these are very minor issues, I'm just recommending ideas as they come to me.)

• I don't understand how the deckbuilder works. If it's supposed to be working, it doesn't seem to be for me, or maybe I just don't know how to use it. If it is working, it should probably be a little more user friendly so that people can use it without instructions.
  • It would be nice if there was a "return to search" or "return to search results" link so that once you search and find a card, you don't have to hit the "back" button on your internet browser. This isn't a big issue most of the time, but I just commented on a card and now I have to hit back like 4-5 times to get back to the original search page before I logged in.
  • You may want to consider making the default AGOT homepage the "news" page, rather than the "Statistics" ("Most popular cards") page. In fact, you can probably combine the two, as Tzumainn's site has done.
  • After someone leaves a comment on a card, the "opinion" appears on the homepage. This is a cool function, but it would be nice if the opinion also listed the card's name, so that you can see what people are talking about without going to that actual page. (Also, when I click on the "go to card" link in the opinion box, the link doesn't seem to work.)
  • This may be looking too far ahead, but the "strategies" section that Tzumainn has on his site is actually a very resource and allows players to comment on the game in general. (Maybe this is what the Forum will be though.)
  • In general, it feels like I have to use the tabs on each page a lot. While this gives me many options to do different things, in some cases these tabs could be combined so that the information appears together. For example, when I read a card's text, I like to be able to see the comments at the same time without changing the tab. This way I can see unnofficial (Ktom) game rulings and the card's text at the same time. This isn't a big issue, but it would be more convenient.
  • In general, the website could probably use some more pictures/artwork. It looks pretty bland right now, kind of like these FFG forums. One great thing about Tzumainn's site is that it feels like it's made for AGOT. Maybe if you had a few pictures or a colorful background it would look a little nicer? (This is the smallest issue of all though, and maybe I just like Tzumainn's site because I am used to it.)
  • In general, great job! As is, this site is already very helpful, but it's basically only has the information that Tzumainn's site already has. If you get the newest cards up and the deckbuilder working with functions similar to those that Tzumainn has (I especially like the "draw 7 cards" and the "average costs/STR of characters" functions), I will use this site regularly in the future.

Thanks for your hard work and good luck! (By the way, let me know if you need the card images for the two latest chapter packs: refugees and reinforcements. I can email zipped high-quality versions to you.)

berto said:

I don't play this game any more but I still have my two legacy decks and somehow can't sell them. I didn't want to include AGOT in my website... but now when it's there I feel better. Don't know why assuming that I haven't had AGOT cards in hand in last 6 months :)

Then perhaps its time you changed your signature block in this forum, unless you don't value your time at all.

My preference is for Mainn to return to updating his site or to deputize a couple people he trusts to take over that responsibility. If that's not going to happen, it will be good to have a site with a usable deck builder feature with deck analysis (I like seeing the average costs of each type of card and a breakdown of number of character cards by icons and strengths in a deck I've built, for example).

Thanks all for your suggestions. Especially Twn2dn for valuable suggestions and scans. I will think about this and let you know.

BTW: Both last chapter packs are allready with pictures in my search engine.

Enjoy!

OMG !!! I completely forgot about this set. I will ad it soon with new nice icons and HTML code.

I need from you help:

I need 3 icons: Military, Intrigue and Power (any pic format) and all pictures from card. If anyone could help I will appreciate.

BTW: I'm thinking to ask directly FFG for Card scans. Anyone knows good starting point to send e-mail to them?

I would recommend emailing luke and nate at the same time (via cc). Luke might not work at fantasy flight anymore, but He may know another contact that I don't.

Nate gave his email out at some point in his posts. And Maester Luke does post here occasionally. KTom may also know someone else... if he hasn't already posted by the tine I click Publish.

I'll look....  the fact that a replacment is showing up is bad news in that Mainn is MIA. But good news in that enough folks want it. I honestly was thinking of setting up a sourceforge/trac thing and giving admin access to several people. I don't want to compete... i have a 90% completed database, I stopped when Mainn put the Change of Seasons Chapter Pack up. But if I recall I had designed it so every trait could be searched for a card. (Keyword, Icon, Name, textbox, trait, crest, etc.) This was done by essentially making it so that each bit of data was identified by the type of data, and the character it pertained to and the data itself.

I'll still wait on publishing since I don't want 100% responsibility for hosting and updating. And I don't like competing with other people for something like this.

Sorry... maybe it's my browser (Firefox/Mac) but the search engine is excessivly confusing. I know it must have been a lot of work, and I can see attempts at some fairly cool tricks. I get four yellow fields with nothing to tell me what is going in them.... and then a pop up option set... that I can't scroll down with.

I hope that helps.

Hey.

I'm a programmer etcg.pl. 

Yes, you may have problems with JavaScript on Mac. You may also have problems on LInux - Konqueror.

Still working on improving the operation of the system also does not angry and not discouraging - this portal is created.

By the end of May 2009 the system should be upgraded to the newest version of which just works. And patience. Of course, thank you very much for all your comments. I look forward to the next ... if you have any questions, suggestions, please mail me on etcg@stubo.pl

Bloodycelt, any chance your effort is far enough along that you could put it up for folks to see and test out? I think the idea of having some folks designated as admin's to help you out by keeping the database up to date is a good one and I'm sure there are few diehards here (myself included) who'd be happy to help however we can. It's nice that the eTCG site is trying to have AGoT included in their database, but similar to your experience, I find the site unintuitive and clunky at the moment.

Yes guys you can do this but what for? We have professional Development and Administration side plus dedicated server, this is beta version and we adopt system to users needs, it's for you guys at the end. bloodycelt can you send me email addresses to those guys via PM?

berto said:

Yes guys you can do this but what for? We have professional Development and Administration side plus dedicated server, this is beta version and we adopt system to users needs, it's for you guys at the end. bloodycelt can you send me email addresses to those guys via PM?

If Bloodycelt has done 90% of the work, and if it is dedicated to AGoT (and thus doesn't have to have potentially unnecessary features that cater to other card games or other clutter on the pages distracting one from AGoT content), and if it is more intuitive or aesthetically pleasing, I don't think there's any reason for him to not publish it simply out of deference to the eTCG site because someone posted here about eTCG first.  There's several "ifs" in my statement, so maybe Bloodycelt's site would come up short in comparison to eTCG, but if its better or a better starting point then what eTCG has so far I'd like it to see the light of day if it can.

LetsGoRed said:

It's nice that the eTCG site is trying to have AGoT included in their database, but similar to your experience, I find the site unintuitive and clunky at the moment.

plus i still can't read the english version of it (probably an issue on my end, but still)

also it doesn't hurt to have more then one page like this so that when one goes down (like mainn's) everyone isn't left in the lurch. We had two before (with a better search function, but i forget the name of that one) and we can have multiple again.

I also fear that etcg will become a pay2view once its out of beta (why have a beta? or so many cards games?) and as nice as it might be i won't pay for information that i'm just too lazy to make myself.

I would use a database that had more flexibility in how I search for cards. being able to look at a houses characters with an intrigue icon is infinitely useful when it comes to deck design. (every aspect of the card short of flavor text should be searchable for a solid deck builder. The current design is easier than searching my card collection, but not enough that the time I spend searching the site for the electronic cards and then searching my collection for the same cards is really saving me any appreciable time.

Yeas the search function ins really lacking.

Anyway, I think having one site for AGot is better then many, since a lot of the rule questions are dealt with on tzumainn.

Does anyone know if he really stopped updating, or is just having a break?

LetsGoRed said:

If Bloodycelt has done 90% of the work, and if it is dedicated to AGoT (and thus doesn't have to have potentially unnecessary features that cater to other card games or other clutter on the pages distracting one from AGoT content),

You can connect directly to AGOT site: http://etcg.pl/portal/agot and you will have only stuff from your CCG. More CCG completely don;t bother.

LetsGoRed said:

and if it is more intuitive or aesthetically pleasing, I don't think there's any reason for him to not publish it simply out of deference to the eTCG site because someone posted here about eTCG first.  There's several "ifs" in my statement, so maybe Bloodycelt's site would come up short in comparison to eTCG, but if its better or a better starting point then what eTCG has so far I'd like it to see the light of day if it can.

That's true, we don;t fear to compete, I only wanted to say that it's better to help with current site to be better and have everything because a lot of work has been done with hardware and software. I hier this discussion and all your points will be addressed.

plus i still can't read the english version of it (probably an issue on my end, but still)

We still think how to help you, maybe we will change default language to English :) I letyou know.

I also fear that etcg will become a pay2view once its out of beta (why have a beta? or so many cards games?) and as nice as it might be i won't pay for information that i'm just too lazy to make myself.

No way. I can promise you guys that service will be free with much more functionality than in old tzumainn site. Maybe we will introduce premium accounts with some more options in the future but all standard functionality will be for free.

dormouse said:

I would use a database that had more flexibility in how I search for cards. being able to look at a houses characters with an intrigue icon is infinitely useful when it comes to deck design. (every aspect of the card short of flavor text should be searchable for a solid deck builder. The current design is easier than searching my card collection, but not enough that the time I spend searching the site for the electronic cards and then searching my collection for the same cards is really saving me any appreciable time.

Search engine will be developed to give more options for search. We gave at the beginning only couple of them but you will be able to search using any criteria.

BTW:

I've added Core Set, so currently we have all cards from AGOT CCG LCG:

http://etcg.pl/portal/agot,edition-38:preview