Sign in to follow this  
t7thunders

I won the immdar event! ..and didnt even have to go

You choose seeing your daughter over a tournament? I find your lack of dedication... disturbing.

Congrats man, nothing beats family, go spend the day on something good for the both of you.

Thanks guys.

The last time I seen my daughter, was June 18th 2012. She stood in the driveway and said "I love you dad, I'll see you next week"

That day never came. People lied, I got put away, and her mother retaliated while I was gone. I couldn't even defend my self.

Two years later she's now 13, and I'm told she can sing like a bird and wants to know if I saved her cars from forza 4

So we can race again :)

Likewise as a father of 2 girls, good on you for dedicating your time for your daughter over time with a game. My oldest daughter goes with me every week to do our weekly comic book run. I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world. People always talk about the gifts that they buy for their children, but what they truly remember is the time that their parents spent with them. I really hope that these visitation rights go good for you and in time your rights are extended further so that you have at the least shared custody and full custody later if that is your ultimate goal.

So the store you are going to play the event at is giving you a win? How is that fair to those people that will play at the event?

Can't tell if stupid or trolling

Neither I don't get why he gets a win for not even playing?

So the store you are going to play the event at is giving you a win? How is that fair to those people that will play at the event?

Not sure if you're trolling or not, but in case it's the latter: the OP is expressing his joy about winning something he values much more highly than an X-wing tournament. He's skipping his local Imdaar event because instead he's seeing his kid for the first time in two years.

Edited by Vorpal Sword

Can't tell if stupid or trolling

Pretty sure it's a lost in translation thing. English as a second, third, or fourth language for this person.

Ok so it has nothing to do with winning an event he hasn't played in yet. I was thinking that if I were to have played in his local event I would be pissed that someone won without even showing up.

Not even in the same discussion here...

Congrats to OP!  2 years is a long time and things can be strained in relationships in these circumstances.  Take it in stride and take it slow, hopefully all will be well.  Also be prepared, she is entering the "retarded years".  But don't worry, it is only temporary and most recover from it.

Been there, done that, drama with ex's and kids is no fun at all.  I only saw my 2 and 4 year old daughters about 1-2 months a year due to deployments, then that dropped to a few years with no direct contact due to deployment, divorce, shenanigans, etc...  It is not easy being away from your kids or starting back up again, take it slow and easy.

Edited by DoubleNot7

Thanks for the support guys:)

I have to see her in a public place each weekend. This goes on until the middle of summer.

After that its pre trial time. My daughter gets to tell the court her opinion during that time.

After that I should be able to go back to a standard visitation.

★★★★★★A NOTE OF CAUTION HERE !!★★★★★★

I can't openly talk about the case yet. But let me say this.

Not all women are bad or evil, but some like to use lies and threats in order to get leverage

In a relationship. The justice system saw right through all of that and I was cleared of any wrong doing.

But, before it was all said and done I was looking at 8 years in prison just based upon a lie.

Crazy stuff .

Wow.  Well, it sounds like things are working out in your favor now.  If you've been cleared and her lie proven to be such, that should be some leverage for you.

Enjoy your visits and good luck with your future!

I have first hand knowledge of a case where a woman got an ex parte protection order in a neighboring county (which means that her husband was not informed of the proceedings so he could not attend and defend himself).  When he arrived outside the courthouse on the second day of their divorce proceedings, she had contacted the city police dept and told them he was following and harassing her, so they arrested him and took him to the station.  By contacting the city police, she made sure that the officers arresting him had no way to know the reasons behind him violating the order.  That was the day he was supposed to present his evidence, and since he was absent without cause (the sheriff dept held jurisdiction inside the court house, and they hadn't been informed of why the man was gone) the court found in favor of the woman and granted her full custody of the children, including his 12 yo son from his first wife (who had died in a car accident years before) that she had been previously charged with misdemeanor child abuse for beating.  It took only about 4 hours for him to straighten things out and be released, but that was all it took for the divorce court to have ruled in her favor.

The next morning she called the police again, said the son was threatening to kill the youngest child, and had him incarcerated in the juvenile system.  It was almost 2 months before the father found out his child was in the juvenile system, and was able to start proceedings to have him returned.  It took 2 YEARS for the son to be returned to his father's custody, the entire time he was in foster care or institutional care, despite the clear paper trail that showed how the boy had been taken in the first place because the juvenile system is in yet another legal framework (state, vs. city police vs. county sheriff).

So I am glad things are working out for you, congratulations on your victory.  God help those men who get caught between a vicious and hateful woman and our ridiculously biased judicial system.

Edited by KineticOperator

Grats on spending time with your daughter. Too many fathers don't spend time with their kids. I am trying to swing taking my oldest son (13 a couple of days before) with me to that tournament. And I have just started a group that plays on Monday nights for me and my 2 oldest ( other is 7). My 7 year old was flying the falcon the other day and killed a tie and started getting all excited. I couldn't help myself I just turned and replied "that's great kid. Don't get cocky!" All the adults thought it was funny. I can Finnally share my love of gaming with my kids. Woot. Keep fighting to spend as much time as possible with your daughter. She sounds like a great kid