Sign in to follow this  
oriondean

thinking about F&D beta.

No one who isn't a master wanting to make a statement should be turning up to a real fight with a training sword. Get over it and give them live steel.

The legend of Miyamoto Musashi dares to say different.
Not a entirely sure you read what I wrote there.

The greatest ever Jedi blademaster who fights with a training saber from choice is, however, the sort of character one should be playing in a Jedi rpg.

Edited by Sylpheed

No one who isn't a master wanting to make a statement should be turning up to a real fight with a training sword. Get over it and give them live steel.

Not a entirely sure you read what I wrote there.

The greatest ever Jedi blademaster who fights with a training saber from choice is, however, the sort of character one should be playing in a Jedi rpg.

Oh well. Most players want to make a statement anyways, master or not.

Pretty interesting character.  His last work, the Dokkodo, reads like a Jedi handbook:

1. Accept everything just the way it is.
  2. Do not seek pleasure for its own sake.
  3. Do not, under any circumstances, depend on a partial feeling.
  4. Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.
  5. Be detached from desire your whole life.
  6. Do not regret what you have done.
  7. Never be jealous.
  8. Never let yourself be saddened by a separation.
  9. Resentment and complaint are appropriate neither for oneself nor others.
  10. Do not let yourself be guided by the feeling of lust or love.
  11. In all things, have no preferences.
  12. Be indifferent to where you live.
  13. Do not pursue the taste of good food.
  14. Do not hold on to possessions you no longer need.
  15. Do not act following customary beliefs.
  16. Do not collect weapons or practice with weapons beyond what is useful.
  17. Do not fear death.
  18. Do not seek to possess either goods or fiefs for your old age.
  19. Respect Buddha and the gods without counting on their help.
  20. You may abandon your own body but you must preserve your honor.
  21. Never stray from the way.

I cannot help but feel it is important to remember your players can stay home and play

For a much lower investment of effort than it would take to turn up to your game.

Edited by Sylpheed

The Forsaken Jedi and the Jedi - in - hiding what type of modification their lightsabers have that give the damage of 10 and the forsaken Jedi defense? Are we to discard the lightsaber statistics in AoR and EotE?

This thread is gigantic and it's just too much to read. Does anyone know of someone who has put up a summary of this stuff somewhere (new classes, basics on force powers, races, story elements, etc.)?

im sorry i started it every time i see the progression in trainwhreck it has become (yes thats progression in trainwreck, so its worse of a trainwhreck today than it was yesterday and so on)

The Forsaken Jedi and the Jedi - in - hiding what type of modification their lightsabers have that give the damage of 10 and the forsaken Jedi defense? Are we to discard the lightsaber statistics in AoR and EotE?

The hilt is 300CR + Ilum crystal for 9k + full Ilum crystal mods for another 700CR = 10k for a lightsaber:

Base Modifiers: Installing this crystal changes a lightsaber's base damage to 6 and critical rating to 2, and the lightsaber gains the Breach 1 and Sunder weapon qualities. If the crystal is ever removed, the lightsaber loses these qualities, and reverts to its previous base damage and critical rating.

Modification Options: 2 Item Quality (Vicious +1) Mods, 4 Damage +1 Mods, 1 Decrease the weapon's critical rating by one to a minimum of 1 Mod.

-EF

The hilt is 300CR + Ilum crystal for 9k + full Ilum crystal mods for another 700CR = 10k for a lightsaber:Base Modifiers: Installing this crystal changes a lightsaber's base damage to 6 and critical rating to 2, and the lightsaber gains the Breach 1 and Sunder weapon qualities. If the crystal is ever removed, the lightsaber loses these qualities, and reverts to its previous base damage and critical rating.Modification Options: 2 Item Quality (Vicious +1) Mods, 4 Damage +1 Mods, 1 Decrease the weapon's critical rating by one to a minimum of 1 Mod.

-EF

Wait. I think the credit math is wrong. Isn't it 300CR+9k+2800 for full mods? Each additional mod installed in an attachment beyond the first increases the difficulty of the Mechanics check by one, and costs an additional 100 credits beyond the base cost.

So that is 100+200+300+400+500+600+700=2800 (So total 12100CR)

So an EotE or AoR Lightsaber would be a better buy?

And is that a 9 Difficulty check or four 5 Difficulty Impossible (destiny point) checks?

Edited by Gigerstreak

Does the Jedi have to do these mods him/her self?  I would think so, but it means every Jedi needs decent mechanics skills.

Not if you don't mind screwing up a mod roll on a crystal you paid thousands for or gamed sessions for...................... ;)

I think Kanan's Light Saber from Rebels may actually be a training lightsaber. The way he has to assemble that big bulky emitter on the end makes me think it could be a training Saber that he has modified over the years.

Edited by strongarm85

So, Counsular: Sage into Seeker: Pathfinder. 250 XP for a pet Nexu.

For another 180 XP, (and the Mystic: Seer tree) you can make it a pet Rancor.

Dathomir witches were badass, I guess.

Edited by Rakaydos

I appreciate that RPGs are lower priorities compared with card games, but Force and Destiny is still not up on the site as being announced after three days of Gencon. There's no product page, no forum and more generally there are no mentions of further Star Wars RPG products to come in 2014/15. Was anyone at the In-Flight Report? Anything mentioned there?

And then there's the Ennies. Do FFG not enter them?

Pretty interesting character.  His last work, the Dokkodo, reads like a Jedi handbook:

• Accept everything just the way it is.
  • Do not seek pleasure for its own sake.
  • Do not, under any circumstances, depend on a partial feeling.
  • Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.
  • Be detached from desire your whole life.
  • Do not regret what you have done.
  • Never be jealous.
  • Never let yourself be saddened by a separation.
  • Resentment and complaint are appropriate neither for oneself nor others.
  • Do not let yourself be guided by the feeling of lust or love.
  • In all things, have no preferences.
  • Be indifferent to where you live.
  • Do not pursue the taste of good food.
  • Do not hold on to possessions you no longer need.
  • Do not act following customary beliefs.
  • Do not collect weapons or practice with weapons beyond what is useful.
  • Do not fear death.
  • Do not seek to possess either goods or fiefs for your old age.
  • Respect Buddha and the gods without counting on their help.
  • You may abandon your own body but you must preserve your honor.
  • Never stray from the way.

That does indeed sound like a pretty good analogue of the Jedi order. Also, you can sign me up as a Sith, now. ;)

(Is anyone else on these forums and on an iPad/iPhone getting weird auto-correct results? I noticed a "stunt" in EF's post again, and while for the longest time these forums actually worked well with my iPad, I'm suddenly starting to get the oddest auto-corrections here.)

I'm using a Surface RT, but I would have thought in either case the spelling correction takes place on the device, not the website. But who knows? Computers are hitting the point of Chaos Factor. Any sufficiently complex system begins to exhibit behaviour indistinguishable from randomness.

Does the Jedi have to do these mods him/her self? I would think so, but it means every Jedi needs decent mechanics skills.

Well there's a reason why Luke is told his "skills are complete" when he finishes his lightsabre. Clearly Jedi training is 2 parts becoming one with the Force and 7 parts advanced study of plasma engineering. ;)

true, you're right, ma mistake. But i think that a training ligthsaber is kinda useless, except for justifying icly how you raise your lightsaber skill.

It allows you to use the lightsaber forms at least. And is a nice shiny beacon of your Jedi-ness, too!

With all the previous threads about how useful stun damage is, I'm wondering why the reversal in sentiment. I think it would be pretty effective. Maybe it's what a "true Jedi" should really have been carrying all this time... :)

It should be noted, though, that stun damage can be mitigated by the Resolve talent and future Advantage rolled. That, plus the lack of a critical rating and damage mods on the training saber, still do give lethal damage the edge.

I've gone back to the rule-book and looked up the rules for Two-Weapon Combat (pg. 210, EotE). It seems to me that a character could wield both a training lightsabre and a blaster pistol at the same time. With the right build, this would make a jedi into a pretty damage resistant shooter. One Niman Disciple with three ranks of Reflect and a couple of ranks of Defensive Training...

I cannot help but feel it is important to remember your players can stay home and play

For a much lower investment of effort than it would take to turn up to your game.

I've read this post twice and I still can't see it as anything other than just an aggressive patronising. Am I missing something here? Of course players can stay home and play computer games if they want to. That doesn't mean it's a GM's obligation to pander to whatever a player wants (and why suppose that all players will dislike what you dislike, anyway?). It just means GM's should have players in their group who are willing to leave the house.

Edited by knasserII

With the protection/unleash are you able to use either power at any given time or do u have to be light to use protection ect?

The tables show that darksiders can use the protect mode, but only upon themselves, not upon others, while lightsiders tend to use it to protect others.

There's a misunderstanding here. I'm not "rolling out an argument" that other people should or shouldn't have this. I'm just (initially) expressing my great surprise at a completely unexpected addition to Jedi powers. I guess I then went onto justifying that based on posts that (at least to me) seemed to be suggesting it's normal or known. They don't show up in any of the canon material beyond a line by Palpatine claiming that someone not even in the movie could prevent people from dying when he has every reason to lie to Anakin and is in the habit of doing so. So sure, there's nothing to say they can't. And I'm certainly not saying that people shouldn't play with what they want. I'm just saying my reaction to Obi Wan the Level 8 Cleric is fairly reasonable and that something's existence in non-canon sources isn't a particular reason to include something. I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm just saying a reaction of "What the...?" is pretty fair. ;)

Anyway, this is polluting a thread on what I think is an awesome product from whatever I heard, so I think perhaps get back to everyone going "Oooooh" and barraging the poor play-testers with questions. ;)

Force Healing is a standard interpretation of the Ep IV scene where Ben's leaned over Luke.

As for resurrection... Palpatine has little reason to Lie to Anakin... especially when the Truth does just as well.

Besides, the lightside version is pretty much super-cpr. The Darkside version requires they have died in the same scene, so it's also just super-CPR... better Super-CPR than the Light Side version.

No the dark side version requires that someone else has died too to resurect someone. Basicaly it is "a life for a life" mechanic or so i interpret it, quite different from light side version.

So if Light side the force user basically sacrifices their life or does what Marcus did in Babylon V for Ivanova (But Marcus got better... a few centuries later apparently in the book version mind you... :P and it wasn't fan fiction as I recall either! :):o

The Dark Side merely looks around for a suitable participant hopefully one already wounded but if not.... :o :o :wacko::ph34r:

And that probably also explains KOTOR 2 with that Sith who drains entire worlds... I am assuming I'm remembering that correctly? :mellow:

The Exile was apparently able to shield herself from that so I assume she has the light side version with added Ha Ha you can't touch me upgrades? :ph34r: