Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kilazar

new player, buying in. Help me get what I need

3 posts in this topic

If I buy the core set, and then hit ebay for one of the many 1x sales, and then again hit Ebay for many of the 2x sales, will this give me a complete playset of core buying one of each of those?

Or do I really need to just buy 3 core sets to have a complete core playset? I really hate this model that FF does for their games. Oh you only NEED the core set if you want to play with your friend, but to have a COMPLETE core set, you have to buy this 3 times! Just for 24 cards!

Edited by Kilazar

If I buy the core set, and then hit ebay for one of the many 1x sales, and then again hit Ebay for many of the 2x sales, will this give me a complete playset of core buying one of each of those?

Or do I really need to just buy 3 core sets to have a complete core playset? I really hate this model that FF does for their games. Oh you only NEED the core set if you want to play with your friend, but to have a COMPLETE core set, you have to buy this 3 times! Just for 24 cards!

Depending on exactly what the eBay sales are for, you will probably have to buy two of the 1x sales.

There are indeed "completion kits" on ebay that include one of the 2x cards and 2 of the 1x cards, that will get you a full set of all core set cards and run for about $10 less than buying 2 core sets online.

In my opinion if you ever foresee yourself wanting to have more than one deck built at a time, just spend the extra money for at least one extra core. For a few extra dollars you will get extras of the tokens and click trackers, double of the 3x cards that go in almost every deck (sure gamble/hedge fund) plus extra 2x cards which I am sure you will be able to trade or sell if you would never use them.

etherial likes this