Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ana4

So are they ever coming out?

121 posts in this topic

Amazon.com seems to say The Dunland Trap will be released on 6th July. Not sure if that's what they've been explicitly told or just some estimation. I hope the rest of the packs won't be as delayed.

i remember from previous times they are usually wrong on there haha

Olorin93 likes this

Yet it's still on the boat. Maybe they got lost near Rapa Nui or something.

And Two trials has been at the printer for some 2 months?

I'm starting to think they forgot to do an update on this one...

That would be a full year after the black riders release!

Which is quite sad really, as they stated to aim for a saga box every 6 months.

And they gave it's first spoiler in January! We're 6 months further here and now.

Talk about missing your targets....

June 26th!

Yep!!! They also updated three trials which is now on the boat and trouble in tharbad is at the printers. Very good news!!

Plus the two new Saga quests announced, Fog on the Barrowdowns AND Old Forest, BOTH of which you can add to and play as part of the saga....

Pretty awesome news and some very exciting products coming for this game. Really surprised they are doing the barrow downs AND old forest and that they can be added to black riders and the overall saga/campaign. They are really listening to what fans what by the looks of things.

Also I for one am very glad Bombadil will be restricted to the saga quest he appears in, he would be silly as a player card and never ventures out of his area/domain anyway.

I am the opposite. I want Tom and Goldberry badly. It is a game, I have the books already where I know what Tom does, in the game he can be different, I want options. You can already fly Eagles to the halls of Khazad-dum, why should you not be able to take Tom out of the Old Forest -- which surely have happened before the Third Age.

richsabre likes this

First of all, eagles showed up several times in several places in the books. They deserve to be used anywhere anyone else can be used. Tom barely made the books at all.

Second: Tom is simply a boon card. This does NOT mean there is no way he'll ever come out in any other form.

Please just enjoy the cards you are getting and stop complaining about the ones you don't have. I'm sorry if that came off rude, but it gets to me sometimes.

Narsil0420 likes this

I'm totally on Ana's side of this one. The new PoD looks great, and I love the idea of additional saga quests to sort of augment the campaign mode, but I can not help[ but be disappointed that Tom is not a playable character. And yes I know that PoDs never contain player cards. Still having this guy as an objective tell me that we will not see a toon version of him for a long time. Maybe not until the end of the next cycle at the earliest.

Well we got 2 Pippins in rapid succession so he COULD show up soon, but it'll still probably be at least a year considering how long things are taking to release. I have nothing against you expressing your desire to have TB show up; I'm just annoyed by the complaining that a POD quest doesn't have a TB player card.

Well we got 2 Pippins in rapid succession so he COULD show up soon, but it'll still probably be at least a year considering how long things are taking to release. I have nothing against you expressing your desire to have TB show up; I'm just annoyed by the complaining that a POD quest doesn't have a TB player card.

But I was saying nothing of that sort. I just assumed that the announcement meant there will be no player card Tom (and Goldberry) and expressed my disappointment with it. These two are some of my all-time favourite characters, so I want to have them in a deck, no matter what.

richsabre and Gizlivadi like this

But I was saying nothing of that sort. I just assumed that the announcement meant there will be no player card Tom (and Goldberry) and expressed my disappointment with it. These two are some of my all-time favourite characters, so I want to have them in a deck, no matter what.

Yes, I feel the exact same thing, even though it wouldn't make sense at all thematically because it's true he would never leave his lands, I just want the freedom to have him in my deck, and I certainly would, as a neutral high cost ally of course, with some powerful effect, not really high stats though, but decent.

Yes, I feel the exact same thing, even though it wouldn't make sense at all thematically because it's true he would never leave his lands, I just want the freedom to have him in my deck, and I certainly would, as a neutral high cost ally of course, with some powerful effect, not really high stats though, but decent.

Yes, a one-round ally with decent stats and powerful, totally original, ability. FFG, please, we know it's not easy but you've done it before...

Before Saruman appeared, I was thinking disregarding an enemy for a round would not be too bad for Tom. But now we need something different. How about skipping the quest, travel, encounter and combat phase? That would be pretty thematic, as this is exactly what the Hobbits do in the House of Tom Bombadil.

And what about Goldberry?

richsabre likes this

Unavailable at English Amazon, and my Swedish online retailer still says "may 2014". I'd rather not order from the US. Well, patience is a virtue.

richsabre likes this

Yes, a one-round ally with decent stats and powerful, totally original, ability. FFG, please, we know it's not easy but you've done it before...

Before Saruman appeared, I was thinking disregarding an enemy for a round would not be too bad for Tom. But now we need something different. How about skipping the quest, travel, encounter and combat phase? That would be pretty thematic, as this is exactly what the Hobbits do in the House of Tom Bombadil.

And what about Goldberry?

I like this idea... sort of a much needed rest at one point in the game, in the house of tom bombadil

that way it sort of is like you are within his boundaries, just metaphorically of course :D