Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ana4

So are they ever coming out?

121 posts in this topic

I am guessing that the transportation by ship is an economical decision by FFG. WotC/Hasbro has a lot more dosh and shipping by air is not a problem for them. I doubt that FFG has that kind of capital. Remember too that shipping by air is based upon weight and is quite expensive whereas shipping over sea is measured in volume and the cost difference is significant!

When I moved to Europe I had considered moving everything by air. I am a professional musician and magician and I would have loved having my instruments and books with me on the day I landed here. But the cost to ship it all was in the five figure range by air! By sea, the whole thing cost just over 3,000 USD door to door and that included packing and insurance. The downside was that I had ti wait five weeks for my stuff to arrive.

LOTR has become a huge game. The number of blogs and other resources for the game seem to only be rivaled by MTG. Perhaps FFG hadn't anticipated the potential of the game that has become "pasteboard crack." ;)

But, I have rediscovered other games in addition to replaying LOTR with new decks. If The Road Darkens and the first APs for VOI don't come out by mid-June, then I am going to pick up a couple of expansions for Thunderstone: Advance - which I might add is a brilliant game and not at all expensive. :)

Just think though my lady/fellow adventurers, in a couple of months' time, we'll be debating what cards are now really "have to build a deck around these!" necessities. :)

Namaarie,

Vlad

Edited by VladVoivode
SilvanBouncer likes this

I cant wait moreeeee, pleaaaaase, pleaaaaase...Dunland Trap.... aaaagh! I'm booooored.... buuuuuuh...

PD: how many time more? aaaagh

While everyone is waiting they can pass the time reading the latest George RR Martin novel.  I hear they're nearly endless and essentially nothing happens.

Well, I am getting desperate, but not that desperate.

joezim007 likes this

While everyone is waiting they can pass the time reading the latest George RR Martin novel.  I hear they're nearly endless and essentially nothing happens.

Well... waiting for Dunland Trap, I started to read The Silmarillion (I finished it), then The Hobbit (I finished it), now I'am reading The Two Towers... and I had thought that at the end of The Lord of the rings, I would start with the George RR Martin novels.

Hope they release Dunland Trap before I finished the Song of Ice and Fire series...  :blink:

I live in Australia so even once it gets off the boat there's the two weeks to get it out to retailers and then I'll probably have to wait another two weeks (this happened with VOI) so there is no way I'm going to get it before June ends..... possibly even after June at this rate...

Yeah, I know that feeling. I'm only new to the game so I haven't been sent fully insane by it yet. Why do we get it so late? I'm sure there's enough customers here and money is money.

It is entirely selfish on my part, but I'm Ok with the delay. Been such a manic few months I can barely get a game in anyway! Think I still have a deck sitting somewhere that's halfway through construction.

Washing all of my card sleeves by hand, working on a new blend of garden compost, catering, completing my toothpick model of a Hadron collider, revising my biography on Jacob J. Lew.

I'd say my plate is pretty full, so I don't mind the wait.

Gizlivadi likes this

Well... waiting for Dunland Trap, I started to read The Silmarillion (I finished it), then The Hobbit (I finished it), now I'am reading The Two Towers... and I had thought that at the end of The Lord of the rings, I would start with the George RR Martin novels.

Hope they release Dunland Trap before I finished the Song of Ice and Fire series...  :blink:

I hope so too - it's got books that aren't going to be written for years :P

This thread is ridiculous. Are you guys like 10 years old? Things get delayed, there is a lot of stuff going on in production and dates are fluid. Get over it. Play with the cards your have or play a different game while you wait. Call them lairs and getting all bent out of shape because you can not have your cookie now, right now. I want it now.. now mommy now.. give it to me now!

Better than being a rude condescending jerk who constantly insults others and their (superior) style of play and gives nothing back to the forums at all.

ana4 and iznax like this

Daam. so many time have passed and not even a preview! I demand you to spoil either last pack of the Ringmaker or Gandalf from the Road Darkens! Or both, so I could forgive you for this months of pain.

ZanzibarLand likes this

Speaking of Gandalf, I dunno if somebody speculated about this, but I think he will have something like "Gandalf gains printed

resource icon of each other hero you control".

The dunland trap has been on the boat since April 24th.

My guess is that it will enter shipping status this week, or the next at the latest.

Which means the Americans will have the 1st AP mid June.

And the Europeans about two weeks later usually, so the end of June.

Don't know about Australia though. Two weeks also?

Anyway, hang in there addicts! eeeeh......people!

You'll get your cardboard fix this month!

Edited by Noccus
Raven1015 and PsychoRocka like this

This thread is ridiculous. Are you guys like 10 years old? Things get delayed, there is a lot of stuff going on in production and dates are fluid. Get over it. Play with the cards your have or play a different game while you wait. Call them lairs and getting all bent out of shape because you can not have your cookie now, right now. I want it now.. now mommy now.. give it to me now!

Better than being a rude condescending jerk who constantly insults others and their (superior) style of play and gives nothing back to the forums at all.

How much did I enjoy your response, PsychoRocka.

PsychoRocka likes this

I'm killing the time by playing the Nightmare Decks of Hills, Marshes and Mirkwood I just bought.

Just bought nightmare marshes and return to mirkwood myself!

Nightmare hills was out of stock and the one I wanted most =(

Just barely beat return to mirkwood on my third attempt tonight

Fun but very hard quest!

Speaking of Gandalf, I dunno if somebody speculated about this, but I think he will have something like "Gandalf gains printed

resource icon of each other hero you control".

a neat idea actually

I'm killing the time by playing the Nightmare Decks of Hills, Marshes and Mirkwood I just bought.

Fun but very hard quest!

Hills nightmare isn't as hard as other nightmare quests, but is certainly more challenging than the original. I have been playing my "middle earths mightiest heroes" deck - Lore Aragorn, Spirit Glorfindel and Tactics Boromir - against these, and found the "no threat reduction" of marshes really challenging. I managed to win both my attempts, but just barely - 49 threat in one game.

I haven't actually got to Mirkwood yet, but I'll be moving on to it soon. Really looking forward to it!

Edited by CaffeineAddict
PsychoRocka likes this

Fun but very hard quest!

Hills nightmare isn't as hard as other nightmare quests, but is certainly more challenging than the original. I have been playing my "middle earths mightiest heroes" deck - Lore Aragorn, Spirit Glorfindel and Tactics Boromir - against these, and found the "no threat reduction" of marshes really challenging. I managed to win both my attempts, but just barely - 49 threat in one game.

I haven't actually got to Mirkwood yet, but I'll be moving on to it soon. Really looking forward to it!

I only wanted Hills cause the new Nameless One enemy looks awesome and I want to see how much it improves on the original quest which I don't mind at all.

I just beat marshes nightmare first go :D

Only just however..

Edited by PsychoRocka

Fun but very hard quest!

For that quest, with those heros, I resorted to "mega-sideboarding". I switched Lore Aragorn for the Leadership version and it really made the quest more manageable.