Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ana4

So are they ever coming out?

121 posts in this topic

I really thought it shall be different this time but it now seems even worse. Voice of Isengard was announced last August with the release for Xmas. Then it was late January I believe but I still believed at least the adventure packs would start coming out regularly with only a slight delay after the deluxe. Their opening pack, Dunland Trap, was announced to be out early Q2, this was still early in the year, so I again had a false belief that such a feat was more than achievable. Yet, May is now quickly waning and Dunland Trap is not out. The Road Darkens has for some time now been scheduled for Q2 but an experienced buyer of the game can hardly believe ffg to ever keep their release promises.

Are you, as me, down-hearted by this? Or are you (as me, Gollum-sided) relieved because you do not have to give ffg money so frequently?

Edited by Ana
DurinIII likes this

Oh poor you. I feel already bad having spent so much on a game (though it is not as bad as keep spending it on car-repair, for instance), so I am glad Tolkien is my only virtue on ffg list.

Has anyone got an intel of the updated release schedule or is the "upcoming" page our best reference?

DurinIII likes this

There is a wonderful Radiohead song called Let Down. It is not very applicable outside the title, but it may still help us all, haha!

DurinIII likes this

The 1st until the 3rd AP are supposed to be expected in Q2.

So says the almighty upcoming page.

Q2 starts next week, and the 1st AP is still in concept status?

That means: printer + boat ride + shipping = 3 months minimum.

For the 1st pack that is. AP 2 & 3 will not make it to the stores in Q2.

Don't expect the cycle to start before late Q2 (June) or Q3 people....

Posted this before Q2....looks like my prediction is coming true....

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/102371-ring-maker-cycle-in-q2/

Edited by Noccus
tactician93612 likes this

My long experience of FFG's missed release dates leads me to no surprise, or anguish, or anything. Basically, I've learnt to expect the packs to be released when they're released. 

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when September ends

Like my father's come to pass
Seven years has gone so fast

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are

As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost

Ring out the bells again
Like we did when spring began

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are

As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost

Like my father's come to pass
Twenty years has gone so fast

Morithain and Narsil0420 like this

Ok, so as long as it is not charity, the customer has no right to believe what the salesman has said?

Ok, so as long as it is not charity, the customer has no right to believe what the salesman has said?

You don't know salesmen, do you? I am one, and I tell you, don't believe a single word they say - except mine :D

Edit: Typo (as usual...)

Edited by OnkelZorni
DurinIII and danpoage like this

I for one am getting really really over the wait...... I thought Dunland trap and The Road Darkens would both be out by now and I would be waiting on the next release....!

They really need to release products when they say they will..... these delays are awful, almost everyone on the boards is desperately waiting for the new cycle. I really hope they see all our complaining and push things along a bit, Q2 is almost 2/3 of the way over and the only product we will be getting before July will be Dunland trap... I bet all the Q3 products will come like mid to late September as well....

ana4 likes this

Dunland Trap is on the boat, Three Trials is at the printer but all the others are still in development.. I think we still have a solid month till we get the first pack but all the others seem to be taking a really long time. They definitely won't all be here by Qtr 2 if by quarter 2 they mean April-June ;)

It seems all these packs are getting more thought and polish to make them great but at the expense of delayed release which I'd much rather have a better product and longer wait.

If at least they chained the packs close together -- like one in three weeks or so after they finally get going. For a time I thought the adventure packs in the same cycle are all printed at once but that was most probably a misinformation.

Dunland Trap is on the boat, Three Trials is at the printer but all the others are still in development..

AFAIK the cycles are being designed as a whole at once and then it is just the matter of continual releases.

I'm feeling this week for a shipping to stores announcement. 5/28 release date is my prediction.

Be patient everyone! It's an entertainment product not food relief to starving children in Africa!

Narsil I agree there are more important stuff in life, but they could just be honest about release time, it would be a good thing to do for your customers

richsabre and PsychoRocka like this

I don't know, why I read the word "lying" here so often. The point is, these things are schduled to be released. No one ever gave a guaranty that this will happen as scheduled. There are so many things to consider that can happen on the transport from China to the US. The thing is (as far as I understand): They make a plan, the commiúnicate this plan to the customer, things don't go as it was planned.

You could argue that this happens very regularly so why don't they calculate this in and make a less tight schedule but on the other hand, we know that this happens very regular and so I don't understand why anyone is still relying on this schedule since we are used to these delays

I don't know, why I read the word "lying" here so often. The point is, these things are schduled to be released. No one ever gave a guaranty that this will happen as scheduled. There are so many things to consider that can happen on the transport from China to the US. The thing is (as far as I understand): They make a plan, the commiúnicate this plan to the customer, things don't go as it was planned.

You could argue that this happens very regularly so why don't they calculate this in and make a less tight schedule but on the other hand, we know that this happens very regular and so I don't understand why anyone is still relying on this schedule since we are used to these delays

It's assumed that when a company makes a claim they are aiming for that claim. If we were supposed to just add an unknown number onto the end of any claim then why make it? January? Oh so you mean, feb or march? Lets all guess! New players wouldn't know this for one and those of us who do would expect the unmet promise would be a mistake. You would think that a company who didn't keep their deadline would, like you said, make it less strict or not say one at all.

We are paying customers, and to be more specific, possible paying customers, I'm sure some people have quit on the idea due to being stuffed around. It's just bad business etiquette.

Why are you so happy to be stuffed around and defend bad etiquette?

Edited by ZanzibarLand

It's assumed that when a company makes a claim they are aiming for that claim. If we were supposed to just add an unknown number onto the end of any claim then why make it? January? Oh so you mean, feb or march? Lets all guess! New players wouldn't know this for one and those of us who do would expect the unmet promise would be a mistake. You would think that a company who didn't keep their deadline would, like you said, make it less strict or not say one at all.

We are paying customers, and to be more specific, possible paying customers, I'm sure some people have quit on the idea due to being stuffed around. It's just bad business etiquette.

Why are you so happy to be stuffed around and defend bad etiquette?

I'm not happy, I take things as they are.

Look, there are two options: You can live with the way they handle these things or you could just stop being a customer.

Maybe it's some kind of arrogance that FFG doesn't care about these things cause there are many people like me that buy their stuff anyway. So why should they change? Because some people complaining in this forum? I don't think and if you're honest you know that I'm right about this.

But if a miracle happens and they change things, what could happen? Maybe they don't tell us any release dates like "Look, here is the preview for the next expansion but we don't tell you when it will be released so you can't complain when it's not on time." or "Look on this, it will be released somewhere between March and November." Is that something you wanna read?

Then we will again have threads like this one with people who dislike the way they handle the release schedules

I agree with Zorni. I just want to add that everyone here wants to have these spoiler news ASAP. But when they deliver tehse spoilers early and we have to wait (and wait and wait) for the expansions to come out, people are unhappy again. Perhaps they should just delay these spoilers until they're confident about the release date of their expansions?