I think we are going to slowly introduce options with the first option just being disallowing the Jury Rigging of the weapon effect.  See how that goes.  If it's too nutty on damage still I'm more in favor of the scaling upward Advantages since that favors those who put their xp and mods into generating more Advantages.  I don't want people to feel like 'well  I hit the cap no more need to bother'.  The hard cap is a bit cleaner.  I had considered linking it to the HPs on a weapon, or the base damage divided by 3 maybe.  Lots of ideas.  We will see.

We've changed up Auto-Fire to only allowing one hit per target per attack. Auto-Fire is for spraying multiple targets with one attack roll, not for hitting one target repeatedly. This assumes that a 'hit' can already represent multiple shots/strikes on a target (especially where minions are concerned).

Edited by HappyDaze

It's not the more than one hit on a target that's our concern, it's the 7 hits with a Jury Rigged/modded gun, 3 or 4 would be ok, a bit better than two weapon combat is acceptable, just not 8 hits.  Your rule HD though makes me want to port over some kind of use of Blanket Barrage as a kind of suppressive fire option that can only be performed by Auto-Fire weapons.  Dovetail in the Barrage Talent in some fashion, maybe adding an Advantage to the roll per rank, hmmmmmm, time to ponder.... <_<

Ion missiles/torpedos? Are they somewhere in the books I haven't discovered and if not, thoughts?

I don't see them in the book, but I think you can make them easy, as well as Ion grenades, by adding "Stun Damage (Droid and Ship/Vehicle Only)" to the Qualities and maybe removing Breach.

Hyperspace Tunnels!

House Rule: Jumping to hyperspace gets you away from the cops so easily. If you think about it, the only way Lucas was able to stop a rebel gang from easily getting away from the bad guys was by damaging the hyperdrive itself- a plot device he used twice! This new rule reflects the more "Imperial Cops"-like nature of EotE and allows the astrogator and space pilots to really shine in play. The rule disregards lore in favor of fun and game balance (because seriously, short jumps are stupid)... by adding Hyperspace Tunnels that the pursuer can follow.

The New Rules:

• Activating the hyperdrive costs system strain equal to the ship's silhouette.
  • To jump, the astrogator selects a destination. The distance to travel creates the base difficulty of the astrogation check. The farther the destination, the higher the base difficulty.
  • A pursuer can jump and follow the exact course that the target ship takes. The pursuer's astrogation difficulty is the same as the target's difficulty, but he adds +1 difficulty for every difference in range increment that the target is farther from the pursuer's sensor range. eg The Falcon jumps at 3 astrogation difficulty and is at extreme range from a Star Destroyer. The Star Destroyer has a sensor range of long, so it adds +1 difficulty to its check for a total of 4 difficulty to follow the Falcon.
  • On a success, the pursuer jumps into the same shared hyperspace tunnel! The tunnel is always one silhouette larger than the largest ship inside the tunnel. You can fight in this hyperspace tunnel, and the walls of the tunnel represent the bending of space-time (very deadly to touch).
  • If you want to exit hyperspace, you have to do it slowly to be safe. (This rule deters pilots from jumping into hyperspace and then cutting the brakes to escape pursuers). Immediately exiting hyperspace has destructive consequences on your ship. Slowing your ship in hyperspace by one speed every round has no penalty, but slamming the brakes will do hull damage equal to your ship's silhouette for every speed decreased past one.

Other not so important details:

• Your hyperdrive rating determines how fast you travel in a hyperspace tunnel. 3 Speed for a hyperdrive rating of 5+, 6 speed for a rating of 2, 7 speed for a rating of 1 and so on.
  • Determining a pursuer's range from a target ship in the tunnel seems confusing, but it's pretty straightforward. Start with the base distance where the target jumped into hyperspace, and then for every round that the pursuer didn't yet jump, you just add that much range increment in hyperspace speed. Remember, you aren't necessarily going faster in hyperspace as much as you are just taking a shortcut! eg Round 1: YT-1300 jumps away from Nebulon B Frigate at medium range. Round 2: Nebulon flies towards YT's general direction at 3 speed, YT is flying in hyperspace at 6 speed, so the difference is 3 speed. Round 3: Nebulon jumps and is in the same tunnel, so since they're only 3 difference in speed from each other, they're considered to be still at medium range.
  • Hyperspace tunnels exist for up to a day after a ship has traversed it. A pursuer can follow the trail using the same astrogation difficulty as the target's but upgrading the difficulty once for every two hours since the target had jumped.
Edited by hencook

We also said that Talents that remove setback will grant boost dice if there are no setbacks to remove. 

This sounds like something I might consider in my group.  I know there are 3 of my 4 players with some talents that remove setback dice that sometimes dont' make sense including with a check.

Another I was consider having was allowing grenades to be thrown from medium range, and the talent in the Merc tree would increase it to long.  It just doesn't make sense that you can only throw grenades when you are about 10ft from enemies, most grenades would destroy you if you were that close from the shrapnel.

Enjoying all the ideas here, guys.

Our house rules are simple ones, alas:

No armour

'Restricted' weapons attract attention if seen in public

Heavy Battle Rifle is Restricted

No multiclassing out of Career

Can't be Force-sensitive unless you start with it

Changing stats changes everything related to it

Don't use the mechanics for Obligation or Duty, it's just a narrative thing

Most of these changes are meant to reinforce the style of the game, mostly being a 'Shadowrun' thing behind enemy lines. 

Edited by Maelora

How would common people know a weapon is "Restricted" or not? I can understand cops knowing weaponry and maybe mercs/bounty hunters...And I wouldnt know an AK from an Oozi, so how can someone know it's restricted?

How would common people know a weapon is "Restricted" or not? I can understand cops knowing weaponry and maybe mercs/bounty hunters...And I wouldnt know an AK from an Oozi, so how can someone know it's restricted?

Whether it is in the display case out front or the merchant says "come with me to the back, I've got something to show you...."  Probably a good indication..... :ph34r:

I was in the army. 10 year olds could throw a grenade accurately more than 20 feet.  The range rule in the game is silly.

You have to remember that Star Wars uses the metric system. One meter is slightly longer than one yard. And if I remember correctly as I'm afb, short range can be a couple dozen meters.

I was in the Army and would like you to make a fear check for throwing a grenade.  It always scared me to pull that pin and in the back of my mind know this baby could take me out.  Fired everything else without a problem, even fired perfect on the m-16 a few times.  Grenades though man I hated those.  

20 feet is silly for the throw range.  It should be based on skill, brawn, and coordination. 

I was in the Army and would like you to make a fear check for throwing a grenade.  It always scared me to pull that pin and in the back of my mind know this baby could take me out.  Fired everything else without a problem, even fired perfect on the m-16 a few times.  Grenades though man I hated those.  

20 feet is silly for the throw range.  It should be based on skill, brawn, and coordination. 

No doubt, grenades are F-ing scary as hell..... :(

I'd estimate accurate throwing range at 20 meters for a grenade, but the U.S. Army practices with tosses up to 40 meters.

Hm.  And then something inside wants me to complicate things.  I'd almost be willing to require Brawn and Agility at a certain score before a grenade can be thrown at that range.

Brawn 1, Agility 1: Short Range (Difficulty: ♦)

Brawn 2, Agility 2: Medium Range (Difficulty: ♦)

Brawn 4, Agility 3: Long Range (Difficulty: ♦)

Brawn 7, Agility 5: Extreme Range (Difficulty: ♦) (Okay, so this one sounds a bit crazy, but come on... we're talking about superhuman strength!)

If you don't meet the Brawn threshold, you simply cannot throw that far.  And you add an extra difficulty for each point of Agility you lack.

Edited by Simon Fix

I wouldn't change the range Difficulties, I'd just let players throw out to Medium range.  60 feet is only 3 car lengths or the distance from the pitcher's mound to home plate.

Most people can't lob a ball accurately at sixty feet, but an average human with two brawn and no Ranged (Light) would have around a 50% chance of success using the rules as written.  I know it's a narrative game, but I'm not sure I like the degree to which grenades can cause mayhem with so little attached skill.

I wouldn't change the range Difficulties, I'd just let players throw out to Medium range.  60 feet is only 3 car lengths or the distance from the pitcher's mound to home plate.

Most people can't lob a ball accurately at sixty feet, but an average human with two brawn and no Ranged (Light) would have around a 50% chance of success using the rules as written.  I know it's a narrative game, but I'm not sure I like the degree to which grenades can cause mayhem with so little attached skill.

Consider that, if they don't get two Advantages in addition to the Success (or three Advantages without a Success), then their grenade only catches one guy. That's not really too much mayhem.

If you are wearing mom jeans does it reduce the range you can toss the grenade? I saw a very agile President not make the 60ft from mound to home plate a few years ago, but I believe it was the mom jeans.

Granted there are noodle arms in the world but I'm ok with the bounce pass, although not with that insane detonate on impact thing.  The granny throw is perfectly acceptable.  Rock skippin on a pond ok as well.  4th and 21, 10 seconds left on the clock spiral pass ok as well.

Maybe just make the regular range difficulties and have them roll athletics (back to the baseball idea) or maybe coordination (though this doesn't seem to include hand eye coordination). I would not mind seeing either of these get included into combat more and Grenades don't seem a like a Ranged light weapon.  If you fail maybe it falls in a random direction or at your feet.