Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Invictus5000

Star Spawn = Dark Young?

5 posts in this topic

Hey all--

Played through my first game of Eldritch a few nights ago and, well, the Earth was devoured beyond my best efforts. But it was still fun!

Anyway, just wondering if I'm missing something--but both Star Spawn and Dark Young showed up in my game, and I couldn't help but notice that they appear to have the exact same stats. Is that right?

Is it a misprint? Or maybe there are other cards or mechanics that differentiate between the two monsters? I'm sure I'm missing something, since I've only played through once...

Julia likes this

Yes, they are almost the same. There are a couple of other components that affect them in different ways, but I wouldn't want to spoil the specifics for you.

Invictus5000 likes this

...ah, that's what I figured. Thanks Pseudonym and Wolfgar for being gentle with the spoilers.

...and hey Julia! Yeah, after years of putting off getting a copy of Arkham Horror, I decided to jump on a deal to get Eldritch (since the consensus seems to be it has incorporated many improvements). Initial impressions are good.

Rightly or wrongly, it reminds me a bit of a meatier (and much higher production value) version of Darkest Night, which is a game I like well enough--though I wonder how much of its structure is a tribute to Arkham Horror.

Anyway, I'm likely to be a bit more active on the forums here--so hopefully I'll see you around!

Julia likes this