Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deltmi

New Tantive IV Crew Cards...

176 posts in this topic

eh, there we are.  these were already spoiled on voidstate though right?  don't think the title below has been seen yet though.  there must be a few people with the CR90 already because he says it certainly wasn't him who posted the Han and Leia cards. 

hj41a.jpg

Thanks. I figure these would be the hardest to fake. Looks like some impressive cards this time around. Love the engineering team and gunnery team. So we get 3 titles, Only 3 teams? and 6 crew. Any new energy upgrades or anything like that? I'd assume there has to be.

So, can Han and Leia be confirmed with a scan? These seem legit.
What do you mean with a scan? I guess i figure if somebody has leaked these cards they'd tell us if the others were fake, and I doubt the crew symbol as a card is easy to find as none have been revealed before this. So frankly I'd call Han and Leia Legit. Yes. Unless all of these are fake. But Voidstate has thrown these up, and I trust that relatively well.
I just have trouble believing FFG would misspell maneuver on a production card...
I don't. Have you ever spent all day copy editing things. Letters blur to hell and back. With a card with that much text it's pretty easy to let something like that slip by. Especially if the error was at a non-english speaking production facility.

eh, there we are.  these were already spoiled on voidstate though right?  don't think the title below has been seen yet though.  there must be a few people with the CR90 already because he says it certainly wasn't him who posted the Han and Leia cards. 

hj41a.jpg

Thanks. I figure these would be the hardest to fake. Looks like some impressive cards this time around. Love the engineering team and gunnery team. So we get 3 titles, Only 3 teams? and 6 crew. Any new energy upgrades or anything like that? I'd assume there has to be.

What do you mean with a scan? I guess i figure if somebody has leaked these cards they'd tell us if the others were fake, and I doubt the crew symbol as a card is easy to find as none have been revealed before this. So frankly I'd call Han and Leia Legit. Yes. Unless all of these are fake. But Voidstate has thrown these up, and I trust that relatively well.
I just have trouble believing FFG would misspell maneuver on a production card...
I don't. Have you ever spent all day copy editing things. Letters blur to hell and back. With a card with that much text it's pretty easy to let something like that slip by. Especially if the error was at a non-english speaking production facility.

I have actually... it's the sign of sloppy work and an inefficient editing staff. Nether of which FFG has a history of. I'm going to have to see this editing error for myself...

eh, there we are. these were already spoiled on voidstate though right? don't think the title below has been seen yet though. there must be a few people with the CR90 already because he says it certainly wasn't him who posted the Han and Leia cards.

hj41a.jpg

I have actually... it's the sign of sloppy work and an inefficient editing staff. Nether of which FFG has a history of. I'm going to have to see this editing error for myself...
Everything has typos at some point. It's not sloppy, it's probability. Nearly Every published book I've ever read has at least one error. FFG has put out far more text than any book I've ever read(longest one I own is about half a million words, and so far as I know its the longest Fantasy Novel ever published.)

Point being, a single typo isn't sloppy. A pattern of them happening frequently is.

Edited by Aminar

I thought only Leia was coming. Han seems a strange choice given he's never with spitting distance of a Blockade Runner in the films...

Lego Star Wars The Empire Strikes Out :D  

Punning Pundit likes this

Jaina's Light is, in fact, a series of 3 different CR-90s that Han piloted.

Also, since no one mentioned it... Han Crew+Weapons Engineer....

Edited by Silver Crane
Engine25 likes this

I find myself intrigued by targeting coordinator + sensor team to pass off TLs to friendly ships early in the game. Possibly with FCS to keep one yourself.

I'm also surprised no one has been talking about raymus Antilles. intelligence agent and almost ensure the ship of your choice gets a stress. Talk about action denial.

Edited by Forgottenlore

per dice odds (change of a hit/crit):

No tokens: 50%

Spend TL: 75%

Spend Focus: 75%

TL & Focus: 93.75%

Han TL or Focus: 87.5%

However, as that is per dice odds, it sounds better than I think in reality it will be. Okay, if every dice you roll is a focus or a hit, it's obvious, but if you roll one miss and one focus, statistically its equal, although choosing to use it as a focus gives you a guaranteed +1 hit whereas rerolling might give you 2 hits, or a crit, or alternatively 2 misses. Do you like to gamble? I'm not sure how those odds work when you multiply it up over multiple dice - that's when the maths gets complicated. Personally I'm not sure its worth it.

Ben

I find myself intrigued by targeting coordinator + sensor team to pass off TLs to friendly ships early in the game. Possibly with FCS to keep one yourself.

I'm also surprised no one has been talking about raymus Antilles. intelligence agent and almost ensure the ship of your choice gets a stress. Talk about action denial.

Danget, now the rebels have a colonel Jendon too!

Queue Michael Jackson's Jam

GR-75 Medium Transport (30)
Raymus Antilles (6)
Intelligence Agent (1)
Frequency Jammer (4)
Dutyfree (2)

Outer Rim Smuggler (27)
Intelligence Agent (1)
Tactician (2)
Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

Outer Rim Smuggler (27)
Intelligence Agent (1)
Tactician (2)
Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

Outer Rim Smuggler (27)
Intelligence Agent (1)
Tactician (2)
Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

Dagger Squadron Pilot (24)
Fire-Control System (2)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)

Fire-Control System (2)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)

Fire-Control System (2)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)

Rebel Operative (16)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Tactician (2)

Rebel Operative (16)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Tactician (2)

Rebel Operative (16)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Tactician (2)

Total: 298

Punning Pundit likes this

Danget, now the rebels have a colonel Jendon too!
Only in epic play

My current question is whether the Corvette can have two copies of a "Limited" card if one is assigned to the fore ship card and the other to the aft ship card.

The Huge Ship Rules say "A ship cannot equip multiple copies of the same card if that card is labeled as "Limited."

My assumption based on reading is that it cannot, but then the Tantive IV title's ability to grant the Corvette a third Team slot in the fore is kind of silly.  The Gunnery Team and Engineering Team are both Limited and the Sensor Team doesn't give extra benefit for having multiple copies.  Unless there are other Team cards that we don't know about, why would anyone pay to get a fourth Team slot?

I get that they could be planning for future Teams being released or the fact that someone my really want to put all three Teams in the fore for some reason, but that still doesn't seem like enough explanation for the title to really make sense as written (unless you can actually have a Gunnery Team in the fore and another Gunnery Team in the aft).

I'm thinking the Tantive IV title is there to keep you from losing upgrades when the fore is crippled.

This^^ it is also likely another hint that there are more huge ships coming with more Team upgrades.

My current question is whether the Corvette can have two copies of a "Limited" card if one is assigned to the fore ship card and the other to the aft ship card.

The Huge Ship Rules say "A ship cannot equip multiple copies of the same card if that card is labeled as "Limited."

My assumption based on reading is that it cannot, but then the Tantive IV title's ability to grant the Corvette a third Team slot in the fore is kind of silly.  The Gunnery Team and Engineering Team are both Limited and the Sensor Team doesn't give extra benefit for having multiple copies.  Unless there are other Team cards that we don't know about, why would anyone pay to get a fourth Team slot?

I get that they could be planning for future Teams being released or the fact that someone my really want to put all three Teams in the fore for some reason, but that still doesn't seem like enough explanation for the title to really make sense as written (unless you can actually have a Gunnery Team in the fore and another Gunnery Team in the aft).

I'm thinking the Tantive IV title is there to keep you from losing upgrades when the fore is crippled.

This^^ it is also likely another hint that there are more huge ships coming with more Team upgrades.

here we go, the other two crew cards, i got the guy to photo them and send them to me.  less exciting, tbh, as they are huge ship only, but interesting regardless.

xdzat.jpg

So, it appears as though you cannot use Targeting Coordinator if you already have a target lock without changing it?  It doesn't say perform a target lock action, so you can then acquire another target lock on the ship you want to shoot.  Am I understanding this correctly?

Also, Captain Antilles is awesome. That is all.

So, it appears as though you cannot use Targeting Coordinator if you already have a target lock without changing it?  It doesn't say perform a target lock action, so you can then acquire another target lock on the ship you want to shoot.  Am I understanding this correctly?

Seems correct to me.

If you combine targeting coordinator with weapons engineer, you spend one energy to acquire two target locks. One for a buddy and one for you.

Engine25 and atr127 like this

I wonder if the transport could take the target cordinator . . .

I don't see why not both ships use energy and have crew slots.

Also am I the only one who kinda wishes they had included a Sundered Heart title?

not sure how much of this is known, but possibly a bit more info for you guys.  The front and rear are crippled as follows:

if the Fore is crippled its main gun is relegated to two red dice, and it loses its ability to add one more at the cost of energy. 

it also loses all upgrades except one crew slot.  presumably you could also keep a title if you have one.

if the Aft is crippled it can only hold one energy, a single energy slot, and the ship cannot make any more 4 forwards or two bank moves. 

once a section is crippled it can no longer take any actions or be targetted at all, though clearly the ship is still able to use remaining ugrades installed.  obviously, once both halves are crippled, you remove the ship. 

Edited by atr127

So if the Fore is crippled, but when you target the Aft section... you cross the blue line, are you allowed to shoot at the aft or do you not have any shot?

Edited by Khyros

So if the Fore is crippled, but when you target the Aft section... you cross the blue line, are you allowed to shoot at the aft or do you not have any shot?

We don't know. But it seems likely you don't have a shot. It would be more thematic and allow for more interesting midgame play. On the other hand that makes ships with more than 2 parts unlikely. So we'll see.

I would guess, because it represents a wrecked hunk that is still taking up space, that you still cannot target through it to the aft section.  Just my speculation, but it makes sense to me.

Obviously someone has access to the Tantive IV.  Can we just get pictures of all of the upgrades/cards/damage decks/etc?

there was a guy playing with it at my local club last night in a big battle, but i don't know him that well.  he sent me the few images of cards yesterday but i don't know if i can really ask for all that.  i'll try though. 

Yeah, I think taking out the engines (aft) is going to be key to taking on the Corvette. You pretty much kill it's energy storage, thus, a lot of the Corvette's secondary weapons. Can't wait to see the crits. Maarek is going crit hunting.