Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deltmi

New Tantive IV Crew Cards...

176 posts in this topic

It seems that for Leia's card they forgot how to spell maneuver a couple of times.

Nice catch. Probably fake then... But yet they noticed the Han card... Strange.

Han's crew ability doesn't seem consistent with his pilot ability. Not that it has to, but his "gambler" persona comes across in his pilot card. I would have expected something similar rather than an almost guaranteed result.

Well Han Solo sounds awesome to me. Especially since seemingly every time I target lock I end up rolling a lot of eyes and wishing I had focused instead. 

ObiWonka likes this

Sorry, double posting. To give some examples, Luke has almost the same ability. Chewie is about crit resistance. Force senstives are generally about focus.

Han's crew ability doesn't seem consistent with his pilot ability. Not that it has to, but his "gambler" persona comes across in his pilot card. I would have expected something similar rather than an almost guaranteed result.

He turns the gamble into a sure thing, sounds like Han to me.

It seems that for Leia's card they forgot how to spell maneuver a couple of times.

I was curious how long it would take for someone to point that out.  These are both fakes.  I'm expecting more interesting abilities for both of these crew cards.

I was curious how long it would take for someone to point that out.  These are both fakes.  I'm expecting more interesting abilities for both of these crew cards.

It's also possible they actually spelled it wrong. I guess we'll find out soon enough either way!

I'm still going to do the math on Han Solo's crew ability even if it's a fake, because I am curious. 

Wouldn't that just suck if the whole first batch of Tantives were spoiled by a simple typo? 

That would actually make them collectibles!

It would make the Leia card a collectible... Or just never open the package.. unlike what I did to my original star wars figures!!! (**** me for being 5 at the time!)

Digitalkiller likes this

it's a good thing the yt-1300 doesn't take fcs, because Han on a Lando with FCS and Gunner? Without the once per round limitatition of an R7 astromech that could get nasty fast.

Wouldn't that just suck if the whole first batch of Tantives were spoiled by a simple typo? 

That would actually make them collectibles!

In a way, yes. I don't imagine it'll be on the same level as a blue Hurricane (currently $15K+ on the 'bay), but some people might be interested in owning one. I'd rather just email FFG and see if they wouldn't send me a corrected version, once they're in print. If they ask for the old one in return, so be it.

Just two more cards of the current Rebel power creep!  If these are real, Leia's card is gonna be awesome/horrible to play with/against.  

Just two more cards of the current Rebel power creep!  If these are real, Leia's card is gonna be awesome/horrible to play with/against.  

That's not power creep.

It's also possible they actually spelled it wrong. I guess we'll find out soon enough either way!

I wouldn't bet the house on it.  FFG seems to vet their products too well to allow such a horrible error.  Also, the abilities don't sound FFGish (I just made up a word...).

I'd like to see someone with some photoshop skills chime in on the alleged fakes. If the cards were printed out that way, somebody did a really good job imitating the font and format.

I'd like to see someone with some photoshop skills chime in on the alleged fakes. If the cards were printed out that way, somebody did a really good job imitating the font and format.

There is a program called Strange Eons that can generate custom cards with almost perfect consistency.  I've made a few.  

Solaufein and Hinnyboy like this

Supposing Han Solo Crew is real... Here's some math for ya!

One thing to note when you have Han Solo as a crew member : the decision to use your TL as a TL or a Focus depends on how many blanks / focus you rolled. If you have more focus than blanks, use it as a focus. If you as many or more blanks than focus, use it as a TL.

Ran some simulations, 1,000,000 rolls for each scenario, and here's what we get:

[Edit : I dun goofed. Found an error in my code - fixed it. Here's some proper results.]

If you're rolling 3 dice, here are the averages you'll get :

• No help :
    • 1.125 hits and 0.375 crits = 1.5 hits/crits
  • With a focus :
    • 1.875 hits and 0.375 crits = 2.25 hits/crits
  • With a TL :
    • 1.687 hits and 0.563 crits = 2.25 hits/crits
  • With a TL and Han Solo crew :
    • 1.991 hits and 0.493 crits = 2.484 hits/crits
  • With a TL and a Focus :
    • 2.343 hits and 0.468 crits =2.811 hits/crits

TL;DR : Han Solo Crew is... ok.

If anyone's curious, here's my dirty, repetitive code: http://pastebin.com/bJrG5GJX

Edited by Klutz