Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bullroarer Took

Paging Glaurung to the Purple Courtesy Phone

10 posts in this topic

Believe it or not I've never played Dain 

Wow!  We should cook up a list of achievements for this game.  This has got to be near the top. Play him once and you can't ever say that again!

If you go thru his YouTube channel he'll occasionally go thru thr deck list prior to the quest. Commonly when it's the first time he's using something

He updated his list with Balin and said it's his best ever. I don't believe he posted that one.

I haven't played Outlands either, but I don't think I'm alone there. And I did play dwarves for The Hobbit quests, just not Dain.

Edited by Bullroarer Took

hmm actually there is many variations of the dwarfs decks with Dain. Really good one is Dain Thorin Ori. But you can change Thorin for Balin in dome quest when you need less starting threat and many shadow effect coming.

deck list I must to find. I not at home writing from my phone now. will post later.

Since I used Dain I have had a hard time getting him out of my deck haha. I am playing through the Khazad Dum expansion and the Dwarrowdelf AP's where dwarfs are pretty handy though.

Yea... only played with one dwarf deck and it didn't contain Dain (or all that many dwarf allies for that matter). My friend built it and I played with it when I was first learning the game. When I started out, I played 2-handed with Legolas/Beregond/Imrahil and Frodo/Glorfindel(S)/Elrond decks and got through the first two cycles + Massing at Osgiliath. After that I've just been experimenting with a bunch of synergies and themes... none of which have worked out nearly as well as those first two decks.

I might never play a Dain dwarf deck... we'll see.

I've never used Dain either. My girlfriend uses Gloin/Gimli/Bifur for her dwarf deck - works extremely well as it is. If you swap Gloin you lose resources, if you swap Gimli you lose Tactics and some serious damage, and if you swap Bifur you lose healing.