Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Disgruntled

Tactician and Decoy

150 posts in this topic

huh and here i thought decoy was going to give an ability along with bigg's special.. well not sure if decoy is for me though I can see it being useful in certain situations. 

Tactician is cleverly worded so that the Falcon only gets the bonus in the front 90 degrees, which is a relief. The firespray, on the other hand, counts both front and rear arcs. Very nice. I think o's cool that the firespray's fire arc get at least some tiny advantage over a 360 degree turret.

why not use rebel captive at that point though?

Picking who you stress is often better than forcing your opponent to pick who gets stressed, enough to be worth the reduction in reliability.

Decoy is nice on Jan Ors. I tired Swarm Tactics a few times and found that the range one was annoying to maintain and opted for Squad Leader to use her PS instead.

This was exactly my first thought on the card. I prefer to get ion control shots in after the damage is done.

2 omicrons EU, 2 tacticians each

Whisper ACD, Decoy, FCS

=98

EDIT had two EPT's

Edited by Sp00n

The scariest use of Tactician is going to be on a HWK-290 with Ion Turret. Here. "Here is your Ion token and your Stress token"

Then the Hawk needs to put them in arc.

Tactician is just missing two words... Imperial only

Apart from the B-Wing, it probably won't be a terribly good choice for any Rebel ships.  And you will also have the tax of upgrading the B-Wing to take the crew slots so I'm not sure how useful it will be even there.

AdmiralThrawn likes this

Tactician is just missing two words... Imperial only

Apart from the B-Wing, it probably won't be a terribly good choice for any Rebel ships.  And you will also have the tax of upgrading the B-Wing to take the crew slots so I'm not sure how useful it will be even there.
And the Tantive with the correct hardpoints...

2 omicrons EU, 2 tacticians each

Whisper ACD, Decoy, FCS

=98

EDIT had two EPT's

Drop Decoy and FCS. Add Ion Cannons to the Lambdas. Fire at Range 2 for 2 stress and an Ion to whatever you attack. Then Whisper can chew on their tail with impunity.

Drop one tactician, add VI to Whisper and you're at 99

That is the perfect art for Decoy! That is the cover of X-Wing: Solo Command, showing the fake Falcon called Millennium Falsehood.

That said, Decoy looks worthless - Swarm tactics seems superior in nearly all cases. I guess somebody with critical hit powers would enjoy firing later. Still, just use Swarm tactics and attack with the other ship first. At least it works up to range 2.

I like Tactician. Tactician + Gunner (on a non-Falcon) is going to be a good combo. Tactician on Kath is especially good.

Best use for Decoy is on Jan, She is PS8 is usually equipped with an ion turret. Her firing first means they get to use there defenses to negate the ion. This will boost a damage dealing ship to PS8 and allow her ion to get through easier,

Sithborg and ObiWonka like this

Sorry what are these cards?  Are they official?  What ship are they included with?

+1....what is this from? 

I'd definitely use Decoy quite a bit.  I've been trying to fit Opportunist into a lot of builds, but it doesn't work so well on high PS pilots.  Decoy allows you to be a bit more flexible with it. 

JFunk likes this

Decoy comes with the Z95. Tactician comes with the TIE Phantom. You can see them  in the card fans from the news releases from ffg.