Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Torresse

EWing dial

44 posts in this topic

So, Blackmoon Squadron Pilot. Is that information we already knew?

Yes, not that it really matters since it is only the name of a generic pilot, estimated PS3 29pts base no EPT I believe

Yup, this is originally from a post on NOVA Squadron's facebook page.  One of their local store TOs opened the Imdar Alpha stuff and posted it.  Same with the Tactician and Decoy spoilers.

I can't seem to find this post. Is it not this Facebook page? I also skimmed the Tactician and Decoy thread for a source to no avail.

I would love confirmation, by having a source, that this is real.

Yup, this is originally from a post on NOVA Squadron's facebook page.  One of their local store TOs opened the Imdar Alpha stuff and posted it.  Same with the Tactician and Decoy spoilers.

I can't seem to find this post. Is it not this Facebook page? I also skimmed the Tactician and Decoy thread for a source to no avail.

My guess is the source is real, but they won't say who it was because speculation is they prematurely opened (and then leaked) the contents of their Imdar Alpha tournament kits, and if FFG could track down the leaking store would not allow them to host such an event in the future

Malmer likes this

I actually like this dial. Having 2 Koiograns -and- a 1-5 forward is good in my books. Since I usually fly A-Wings often, this can keep up with them without much difficulty... I really like it. :3

I'm pleased with this dial. Very good one, but it doesn't steal the show from other rebel ships.

My fear was that they gave it too many greens, it would have been a real pain with R2D2. 

Pretty solid dial, which finally settles the E-Wing as a well rounded and effective ship.

Actually, I like this dial much more than the defender's one.

My guess is the source is real, but they won't say who it was because speculation is they prematurely opened (and then leaked) the contents of their Imdar Alpha tournament kits, and if FFG could track down the leaking store would not allow them to host such an event in the future

I think it may have already happened as the original posts have been taken down.  

Malmer likes this

I tought the PS3 generic was a Bloodmoon pilot? Not a Blackmoon pilot?

It was never Bloodmoon.  One of the squad editors got it wrong and propogated bad information.  Blackmoon Squadron was clearly established in the EU.

RealShinigami likes this

Rebels finally  gets something able to keep up with A-wing, for massed flank attacks. After Rebel aces and cheaper A-wings it will be force to be reconned with

It does seem in between the X-Wing and A-Wing dials like they said, but it's closer to the X-Wing's dial than the A-Wing's which might be disappointing for some people.

Malmer likes this

It does seem in between the X-Wing and A-Wing dials like they said, but it's closer to the X-Wing's dial than the A-Wing's which might be disappointing for some people.

Well, if we start from the X wing dial, it has a 5 straight, and 3k that the X wing does not.  As for greens, the 1 banks move to 2 banks, and it gets a 3 straight as well.

If we start from the A wing dial, it has a 1 straight and switches the 1 turn for 1 bank.  As for the greens, it does not have the 2 turns. Furthermore, it trades the 4/5 straight greens for  the additional 1 straight.  

I'd agree that if I had to say it was closer to one of them, I would say the X, but it's not particularly far from the A.  I suppose how much you use the 5 straight will determine how different from the A the dial feels.  The fact that it has a BR instead of Boost (or nothing in the case of the X) will make it feel much more unique than the dial presents itself to be.

Ultimately, it avoids being "The A-Wing but better", which I approve of. It's good but not overwhelming by itself, but it's real talent is the combinations you can play with both system and astromech slots.

It'll be even scarier if the elite squadron has an elite pilot talent slot....

Ultimately, it avoids being "The A-Wing but better", which I approve of. It's good but not overwhelming by itself, but it's real talent is the combinations you can play with both system and astromech slots.

It'll be even scarier if the elite squadron has an elite pilot talent slot....

It does not.

Which kinda sucks, but Roark + swarm tactics makes EPTs on generic Rebels seems a little to strong. I'm sure there are other combos that would make it too powerful to give the Rebels a bunch of cheap EPT slots on ships with good guns. R2 D6 seems like the best solution as it lets more ships get EPTs without having multiple cheap EPT Rebels.