Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AtomicFryingPan

Need some help with finishing my list

7 posts in this topic

Ok so I have 2 events coming up and right now my list is at 98 points and idk how I should finish it or if I should leave it as is.

Garven-r2d2-flechette torps-32 points

Dutch-R5p9-ion turret-flechette-flechette-35 points

Kyle-moldy crow-blaster turret-recon spec-31 points.

So I'm wondering if I shouls put an ept on Kyle maybe determination or expert handling for barre rolling shenanigans. I could upgrade someone to APT's or proton torps. Any ideas?

I would say drop the flech torps on the y-wing, having competing secondary weapons can be a problem (at least one of them, y-wings aren't very maneuverable, they are meant to more float around and take pot-shots with a turret.  You won't often have your target in your firing arc to target them after the first attack).  So if you drop 1 of the torps off of the y-wing, I say maybe give garven a shield upgrade to get good use out of r2d2?

AtomicFryingPan and polmoneys like this

Actually I would say they are all equal targets - which is pretty good, no obvious crutch to the list.  I would probably lean towards Kyle because turrets are annoying to fight against, the HWK is probably easiest to bring down (5 HP, mostly hull) and has a great support ability.  If on my first attack he wasn't as good a choice, I would go after whoever I have the better shots on.

AtomicFryingPan likes this

Another question, thinking about dropping the crow title, r5p9 on dutch to go with r3a2 to set up more stress-ion shots with him, granted y-wings suck at shedding stress so that may be a problem. Alternatively I could give Garven r3a2, drop the flechette torps, and give everyone a shield upgrade and be at 99 points. I also could switch the shields with hulls and have 96 points giving me 4 more points to play around with, maybe giving kyle his crow title back and determination. Any glaring weaknesses out of this other than being a 3 ship build and being a little predictable with the stress shedding?

Feel free to give any other ideas for these 3 ships.