Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Black Man

Peter Cushing and his Miniatures

35 posts in this topic

Well, what do you know! I always have liked Cushing, so my appreciation for his demeanor and acting skills is only exemplified with this. Awesome. :3

For boys and intelligent girls... So sexist.

Yeah I heard that too and cringed.

I laughed.  Then when he lit up at the end I thought "Oh God, if they saw him now!". LOL

You would be surprised at some of the stars names and associated miniatures.  Peter was not and is not alone.

God, I would drop so many tarkin quotes if I were actually tarkin playing his miniatures...

On that sexist note. Anybody know any competitive female players? I play x wing and SWLCG with my wife, but I've never seen or played against any females in tournaments.

You would be surprised at some of the stars names and associated miniatures.  Peter was not and is not alone.

There is a games, comics and collectibles store nearby that I enjoy visiting a lot. A few years ago a guy came in and bought some Eldar minis for Warhammer 40K. When he gave the associate his credit card she looked at it, then looked at him...

It was Robin Williams.

Awesome! I managed a store in Seattle a while back, and he came in for a meet and greet at one point. Sadly, I wasn't there, but folks said he was really personable.

Brian May, guitarist with Queen was into collecting GW figures as well. I remember seeing an article showing him painting some. It mentions in the video about HG Wells' book. He was an avid gamer also. There's been a few famous gamers over the years. 

Somewhere in the great beyond Peter Cushing - Governor Tarkin himself - has to be watching us play X-Wing Miniatures while cracking a cosmic smile of appreciation :)

i knew i recognized his face, but i couldn't put my finger on it.. thanks!

Somewhere in the great beyond Peter Cushing - Governor Tarkin himself - has to be watching us play X-Wing Miniatures while cracking a cosmic smile of appreciation :)

i knew i recognized his face, but i couldn't put my finger on it.. thanks!

Ummm…

Perhaps you should be playing Attack Wing.... ;-)

Wookie Hunter likes this