Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hrathen

How to fight the TIE Phantom

33 posts in this topic

If they can't recloak you are they should die fast.

I disagree, kind of. I think with coaking, you should use it for a really solid joust. try and position yourself at range 3, where your 4 attack and 5 defense dice mean you have a huge advantage, and then start doing weird maneuvers. I see no reason a 3 phantom list couldnt drop say, 2 xwings for 1 phantom on the joust.

100 points

Pilots

------

"Whisper" (37)

TIE Phantom (32), Veteran Instincts (1), Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

"Echo" (37)

TIE Phantom (30), Push the Limit (3), Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Gamma Squadron Pilot (26)

TIE Bomber (18), Flechette Torpedo (2), Cluster Missiles (4), Seismic Charges (2)

YT-1300 with Gunner.

You're screwed if they took Outmaneuver though. I can see Echo with Sensor Jammers and Outmaneuver being very dangerous to any YT.

Even uncloaked you're looking at one hull off of X-wing stats.

Another way of looking at it is (defensively) a Z-95 Headhunter--aka one of the cheapest ships in the game. And that extra hull makes a big difference. A three-attack ship at range one will throw out four attack dice, which, on a perfect roll (which isn't so unlikely that it couldn't happen) could, conceivably, one-shot your thirty-point ship. Sure, it isn't exactly likely, but with four total HP, you lack the assurance of durability. You should survive a while, but there's no way to know that you will.

Another way of looking at it is (defensively) a Z-95 Headhunter--aka one of the cheapest ships in the game. And that extra hull makes a big difference. A three-attack ship at range one will throw out four attack dice, which, on a perfect roll (which isn't so unlikely that it couldn't happen) could, conceivably, one-shot your thirty-point ship. Sure, it isn't exactly likely, but with four total HP, you lack the assurance of durability. You should survive a while, but there's no way to know that you will.

That's one of the reasons i'm really tempted to take Sensor Jammers, even though it's 4 points on an already expensive ship.

That's one of the reasons i'm really tempted to take Sensor Jammers, even though it's 4 points on an already expensive ship.

Worth every penny. If you're gonna buy something expensive, it never hurts to have insurance.

Especially if you know that that something is going to be shot at a lot.