Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ozil23

Most thematic card

28 posts in this topic

I really like Asfaloth, especially paired with Glorfindel.

Having tried Galadriel, I must say she is very thematic as well. She is a powerful presence, but does not charge into battle herself. I think we'll have many thematic cards in the new cycle.

Most of the cards are a nice blending of theme and mechanics.I think the design team has done a really nice job with the game actually.  Most card games feel like the mechanics all came first, then the theme came later but I feel like this one is different. 

I haven't tried all the LCG's but Game of the Thrones, Call of Cthulhu and Warhammer all feel like they're mechanics first, and then fluff. It's probably a subjective thing though.

I totally agree with the above. I used to play Magic, and though it was not a bad game, the theme was not there for me. It was all over the place -- but I understand it all comes from a very different source. For me, Tolkien means a lot, and the game seems to represent the spirit very well (with some exceptions which are to be expected in the scope).

I agree, Ana, I've played MtG and Lotr, and Lotr blows it away imo, and it's the theme problem that does it.  I can't visualize anything but random fantasy craziness when playing MtG.  There's no central story, setting, or anything with it to compare with Middle Earth.  

ana4 likes this

Horn of gondor - I think the new version should do something like draw allies from a deck or something...or perhaps make enemies willingness to engage less...so reduce engagement cost or something

Rich

ZanzibarLand likes this