Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shupface

Which Species would you most like to see?

55 posts in this topic

You know while I really like what I've read about Togruta culture I think their visual design was horribly uninspired. It just strikes me as both too similar to the Twileks and way too top heavy for a species of agile hunters.

But on topic I'd love to see some Bith, Kotor and Swotor have made me interested in Ecchani and Miralins respectively. Again both from a culture perspective because you know "pale humans" and "green humans".

I'd also love some Gammorrians and Aqualish (unless they were in career books, haven't picked them up yet).

iandimitri likes this

Zeltron, because I'm a big Marvel Star Wars fan.

Falleen, because they go well with EotE.

Otherwise, I'll take pretty much anything from the Mos Eisley Cantina scene. All those species bring back much nostalgia!

2P51 and DanteRotterdam like this

Jawa's

Gammoreans

Quarren

Gran

Aqualish are in Dangerous Covenants, they were disappointing.

Why? Apart from the "they are 1.50 meters high"-error I thought they pretty much nailed them...

2P51 likes this

Why? Apart from the "they are 1.50 meters high"-error I thought they pretty much nailed them...

Mostly i was disappointed in how little they got for been a 90xp race.

Mostly i was disappointed in how little they got for been a 90xp race.

It seems to be a trend that species with a high Brawn start at a lower XP value, but it's certainly not a trend I agree with.

However, Aqualish get two bonus skill ranks and can breath water along with (11 + Brawn) WT. They also get (8 + Willpower) ST, so that's a loss. I think they would have been more attractive with an extra point of both WT and ST (putting the values on par with the Trandoshan), but I can deal with them as they are.

Aservan likes this

Squibs.  The serious lack of Squibity-themed kooviness is incredibly unkoovy, and needs to be rectified to ensure maximum kooviness at best possible speeds :D

I'd also like to see the Zeltrons and Falleen as far as EotE themed species go.  I suspect Togruta and Zabrak are being held for Force & Destiny, though KOTOR2 did have a Zabrak mechanic as a playable character, so that species might show up in the Technician sourcebook.

Clawdite, for all your infiltration needs

Dug, for another brute/hired muscle style race.

Falleen, for the under world crime boss or avenger for their city getting razed (which is non-canon now, but still.)

Jawa, because Jawa mechanic/Outlaw Tech.

Neimoidians, for the shameless greedy merchant nemesis.

Shistavanen, for hunter/scout.

Of the bunch, I think the Shistavanen are the least likely to happen due to being rather obscure and, well, just a basic 'wolfman' race. Falleen and Clawdites might be a long shot too, with both possibly difficult to balance with special abilities and the Falleen now of dubious canonicty. Dugs are just a matter of finding the right book to fit them in. I'd be shocked if Jawa's and Neimoidians didn't make it in.

I only have the CRB, but it already has my favorite: Bothans.  They're just really cool, to me.  They look kind of like K-9's, and to me, that just screams great side-kick material to a Han Solo sort of persona.

But anyway, some other options that I think are the most interesting to me are the Falleen, Ryn, and Selkath.

Addition::

Also, Besalisk.

Edited by Raice

After looking over some resources (Unofficial Menagerie, Wookieepedia, etc.) I came up with a list of likely species that I would hope FFG can follow through with in various supplement/sourcebooks:

ARCONA

BARABEL

BITH

CEREAN

CHADRA-FAN

DEFEL

DEVARONIAN

GAMORREAN

GUNGAN

JAWA

KUBAZ

NAUTOLAN

NEIMOIDIAN

NIKTO

ORTOLAN

QUARREN

SELKATH

TOGRUTA

UBESE

ZABRAK

I think this list will cover some classic trilogy races that people would be interested in running as well as some prequel/EU races that have become popular.  I'd at least like to see some materials regarding new races even if they are not meant for player races just to have certain traits and abilities acknowledged.  I can say that I'm not happy with the duplication of races that Age of Rebellion is pushing, but understand that it allows for newbies who start with the second Core book and not Edge of the Empire and its supplements to build from.

I forgot to mention the Herglic, Whiphids, and Yuzzem. IIRC, the Whiphids got some screen time in Clne Wars, so maybe they'll pop up sooner.