Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Desslok

Bounty Hunter Book next, please!

67 posts in this topic

You know, I think I'd almost rather see Mandos as a career. Perhaps something like the Rebel Recruit Universal Spec. Fluff it up for Mandos but put in a sidebar that reminds players that they can take this tree for any orginazation that is similar to Mandos.

Why not just use the Recruit specialization for Mandos?

It's not special enough for those who feel that mando's should be special?

You know, I think I'd almost rather see Mandos as a career. Perhaps something like the Rebel Recruit Universal Spec. Fluff it up for Mandos but put in a sidebar that reminds players that they can take this tree for any orginazation that is similar to Mandos.

It's not special enough for those who feel that mando's should be special?

Personally I'm cool with that, but it seems like people have this love for Mandos. It seems like a lot of people want them to be the best at what they do and treated as super special, powerful, and cool. It would be neat to see them in a sector book, highlight the planet and maybe give a spec tree, but be sure to point out that "non-Mando" characters can take the options too. Side note, I was a little surprised that there wasn't any spec trees in the Corellian book.

The thing with Mandalorians is something that I can't stand in a lot of works of fiction. There's a cool character, but yet just having a cool character just isn't enough. They have to make him the best at what he does. Why? Because he's super special. (I really hate it when fiction does a "last of his kind" to justify when someone is super special and powerful.) Why can't Mandalorians be just another faction/planet/mercernary band that wears some cool armor and dabbles in bounty hunting? Boba was one of several bounty hunters that Darth Vader called upon. There was no need to make him the best bounty hunter ever because his people (and his father) were so special can cool and powerful. I don't see the need to elevate a cool character to mythic proportions. It pulls me from "the dream" that good fiction can provide. The fanboy love affair for Mandos makes me not interested in them at all. Which is why, if they do something Mando specific I hope they specifically point out that anyone can use it and refluff it as something else.

kaosoe and Kshatriya like this

A lot of talk about specialization's here but not a lot of talk about gear? I will be hoping for more non lethal options and equipment. I really want to see Sonic Weapons, the DH-23 Outback Blaster wouldn't be bad either.

2P51 likes this

I sorta feel like that spec is really generic and bland.

I don't see the need to elevate a cool character to mythic proportions. It pulls me from "the dream" that good fiction can provide. The fanboy love affair for Mandos makes me not interested in them at all. Which is why, if they do something Mando specific I hope they specifically point out that anyone can use it and refluff it as something else.

Funny, this is exactly how I feel about certain Jedi and FS families in the EU.

2P51 and Jamwes like this

I sorta feel like that spec is really generic and bland.

I don't see the need to elevate a cool character to mythic proportions. It pulls me from "the dream" that good fiction can provide. The fanboy love affair for Mandos makes me not interested in them at all. Which is why, if they do something Mando specific I hope they specifically point out that anyone can use it and refluff it as something else.

Funny, this is exactly how I feel about certain Jedi and FS families in the EU.

Couldn't agree more. The lore of the SW universe has consistently puts mandos on par with jedi and sith. I personally tend to see it in comic book terms, where the jedi are like superman and mandos are like batman. One uses what they were born with and the other uses their years of training and tech.

I just can't wrap my head around doing Mandalorians any other way BESIDES what they already did with the Corellian Human. All the Mandalorians in Clone Wars were human, any non-human Mandalorian came from the EU which is no longer really applicable. I suppose you can argue it either way, but basically we should wrap our head around "cannon" as equal to "appeared on screen", we will have to deviate from that with the Holiday Special.

Give them human stats, let them pick one combat ability to treat as a career skill and/or get a rank in. Let them reduce worn armor's encumbrance (after the -3 for wearing it) by 1 and call it good.

I'd be so happy if they would do a repoman speciality... For some reason that really appeals to me.

I think a Skip Tracer is def highly likely also.  Seems like Gunslinger as the Jango Fett tribute spec is likely also. Lots of good ideas for option 3 as well.

Edited by 2P51
iandimitri and DanteRotterdam like this

I'm thinking that covers it.  We all nailed the Colonist book pretty much so I am also confident we have the BH book dialed in.  I think the Technician book will have the most chance for surprises myself.  FFG might be able to come up with a Hail Mary for Smugglers, but they have to be creative with the Tech book because those 3 careers are so broad and cover so much.

Edited by 2P51

The next EOE Career book will probably be Tech though I would be interested in either Tech or Bounty Hunter. I would actually prefer Tech first because it is less likely to disappoint me on the new ship front like Smuggler did. I wanted some new sil 5 or 6 Blockade Runners or cargo frigates

I think Tech probably holds the potential for the most surprise or new stuff if you will.  BH will be fun but I think we have all done a pretty good job of predicting that book.

I really hope tech deals with the whole "inventing" stuff that's been alluded to in a few places...

Agreed.  Seems like to add any kind of combat element to tech it should be a droid engineer type that can make some kind of drones or something, or the book introduces some gear that requires the skills and talents the spec has to do that.

kaosoe likes this