Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Desslok

Bounty Hunter Book next, please!

67 posts in this topic

Wait - can we complain about the sig abilities of a book that's not even announced yet?

Eh - this is the internet. We can complain about everything!

You're right! The Bounty Hunter Signature Moves are way too [adjective] and completely [verb] the whole class. Frankly, I don't see why the [noun] should get all the [proper noun] while the other classes don't! Unfair, FFG! I demand that you [buff/nerf] the [noun]'s in an errata at once!

Edited by Desslok

I'd be fine with BH.  I'd prefer Smuggler but I am betting BH will include something I'd want to cross spec into. Thinking about them, I've come to think Gunslinger would be more appropriate in BH.

Edited by 2P51
iandimitri and kaosoe like this

My current game is a band of (wanna-be and professional) bounty hunters, so a book that expands on the Bounty Hunter career will doubtless have some use to us.

I hope there aren't big gaps in releases.  I'm hoping since they are knocking out an adventure so quick for AoR and we just had one for EoE not too long ago, that they just rapid fire flip flop EoE/AoR splatbooks the rest of Q3/4.

iandimitri likes this

If the bounty hunter book doesn't have the concussion rifle it can... I was going to say burn in hell, but let's be honest- the only burning it will do is in my wallet.

Honesty is the best policy......

iandimitri likes this

I'd rather see the Smuggler book next, or the Technician book.  We've already gotten a combat-heavy career splatbook, so I'd rather seen one of those two before seeing a Bounty Hunter book.  Then again, Scoundrel's got a mix of combat-savvy already thanks in part to Scoundrel spec, so that could very well be the last of the career splatbooks.

iandimitri, Doc, Dex Vulen and 2 others like this

I'm hoping for Smuggler or Technician next. Not because I have anything against bounty hunters, but my group includes two Smugglers and two Technicians vs. one Bounty Hunter. Those two would simply give my players a little more bang for their my bucks.

iandimitri and 2P51 like this

I good with any of the three.  Smugglers, because I play one.  BH's, because I'm sure they'll have something I want.  Technician, because I think it will hold the biggest surprises.  I'd probably pick that order but mostly I just want them yesterday.

Dex Vulen, iandimitri and kaosoe like this

I'd prefer BH is last after everything else at this point. Non-combat specs still need more love than combat specs, simply because combat specs benefit from usable weapons in every single book that comes out.

I'd like to see Technician and Smuggler next.

2P51 and iandimitri like this

Gunslinger

Skip Tracer

Sector Ranger

Trapper

P.I.

Bondsman

Figured I'd kick off the obligatory specialization speculation............

Of those I really would like to see the Gunslinger and Sector Ranger.  As for the 3rd choice, hmm...

2P51 likes this

I think the Colonist's Marshal is going to cover the "sector ranger" idea.

PI is a cool idea; the theme overlaps a lot with the idea of a skip tracer. What do you mean by Bondsman? Someone who you pay a fee to and he fronts your bail?

2P51 likes this

I'd prefer BH is last after everything else at this point. Non-combat specs still need more love than combat specs, simply because combat specs benefit from usable weapons in every single book that comes out.

I'd like to see Technician and Smuggler next.

Agreed.

I have to figure that Bounty Hunter is going to be the most sought after book because Boba Fett. It might be a deliberate choice to hold the BH book in the wings to keep anticipation high on the other careers.

I think we might see Smuggler, Technician, then Bounty Hunter.

2P51, Jamwes and Kshatriya like this

What do you mean by Bondsman? Someone who you pay a fee to and he fronts your bail?

You're mostly right. A Bondsman does front bail, but if the person doesn't show up for the court date the Bondsman gets to act like a Bounty Hunter and track them down. In some places Bounty Hunting is illegal but it's legal for a Bondsman to hunt down the person they loaned money to.

An interesting concept, but I don't know if it jives 100% with Star Wars where Bounty Hunting is legal. They'd have to get more into the Imperial legal system and if people can be let out on bail to justify it. Perhaps if they wanted a Bounty Hunter who can negoiate with clients and the court on what percentage of Bail they'll pay to get the guy out.

Wiki link and info from the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bail_bondsman

If the defendant fails to appear in court, the bond agent is allowed by law and/or contractual arrangement to bring the defendant to the jurisdiction of the court in order to recover the money paid out under the bond, usually through the use of a bounty hunter. Some states, such as North Carolina, have outlawed the use or licensing of "bounty hunters" so each bail bondsman must re-apprehend their own fugitives.

2P51 likes this

I think the Colonist's Marshal is going to cover the "sector ranger" idea.

PI is a cool idea; the theme overlaps a lot with the idea of a skip tracer. What do you mean by Bondsman? Someone who you pay a fee to and he fronts your bail?

He'd act as the more connected go between for the BH and the legal system.  Put together a team of hunters when someone skips.  Combination of social skills, for making contacts and maybe leadership skills.

Sector Ranger is probably best handled by Marshal but there could be some room depending on how Marshal is done.  PI's would be about Stealth and surveillance where a Skip Tracer is just a name for a repo man essentially, a BH for ships and gear. 

Edited by 2P51
Jamwes and iandimitri like this

I'm hoping for:

Repo - a specialty for recovering all the ships and items rather than people, droids included in items.

Slaver - slavery is alive and well in star wars, and someone has to get all the twi'lek dancers, wookie workers, and beasts for hutt fungeons. Focusing on bringing in living creatures and counterpoint to the assassin. Also trandoshans are known for slavers and gives a good fit for adding Zygerians.

Gunslinger sometimes you encounter a bounty, and its important to fire first or shoot the weapon out of their hands.