Sign in to follow this  
2P51

New EoE book Colonists are here

Beyond the Rim was on sale at GenCon as a bit of an early-bird thing along with AoR Beta, IIRC. I too, am hoping this makes it out for GenCon. GenCon also had a copy of Enter the Unknown behind glass, in the same display as the rebel transport and corvette for the minis game.

Beyond the Rim was on sale at GenCon as a bit of an early-bird thing along with AoR Beta, IIRC. I too, am hoping this makes it out for GenCon. GenCon also had a copy of Enter the Unknown behind glass, in the same display as the rebel transport and corvette for the minis game.

Oh yes, now I remember. Well, that makes me happy that I can hope for August on this one! :)

so with the add of the marshal and other spec im pretty excited for far horizons now hope they make gunslinger spec now and i could die a happy ffg fan and would go to say we will see fh at gencon thatd eould amazing.

I'm wondering if this is the only one we will see for awhile or they are going to push the bulk, or all, of the EoE splatbooks out the door by years end?

I'd bet they go into an A/B/A/B format from here 'til F&D.

Create a nemesis NPC that has entrepreneur and marshal ranks and make him the most dreaded tax auditor/collector in the galaxy.

That's just EVIL...Like the Sheriff of Nottingham or The Ferengi Auditor, Brunt from DS-9.

Or the paperboy trying to collect in Better Off Dead... "two dollars!" :D

So third quarter... I am guessing GenCon

I'm guessing September - don't wanna dilute the F&D beta. Did an EotE book come out last August? I don't remember...

Earth getting hit by an asteroid couldn't dilute the F&D beta.

Really more and more intrigued by Entrepreneur the more I read.  It is definitely one of the directions I am considering with my Scoundrel in our group.  I hope there is some kind of talent for taking some seed money and flipping it into more profit somehow.

Really more and more intrigued by Entrepreneur the more I read.  It is definitely one of the directions I am considering with my Scoundrel in our group.  I hope there is some kind of talent for taking some seed money and flipping it into more profit somehow.

I wound up taking Quartermaster for my Politico because I see her growing into the wheeling-dealing Business Tycoon-ish roll, but now with the Entrepreneur on the horizon, I might have to respec her (once I compare the two). On the surface, that seems a much more ideal path for her. . .  .

I wound up taking Quartermaster for my Politico because I see her growing into the wheeling-dealing Business Tycoon-ish roll, but now with the Entrepreneur on the horizon, I might have to respec her (once I compare the two). On the surface, that seems a much more ideal path for her. . .  .

I've been looking hard at Quartermaster, because aside from the mercantile bonuses, that right column toughens you up nicely and gives Intense Focus.

Yeah, if I give up the Q (which isnt a sure thing yet - I want to see the book before I make up my mind, and I still have to talk to the others to make sure they're cool with a respec), the hit to the strain and soak will pretty painful - and I haven't even gotten to the Intense Focus yet!

Edited by Desslok

I've got 35 xp banked so I'm pulling the trigger on Quartermaster, I need to work the spec next week.  I'm sure the Entrepreneur is something I might go to as well as this and just end up cornering the thermal detonator market with my guy....

Edited by 2P51

Let's talk about species rumors. I'm convinced we'll see Bith in this book to support the Performer specialization. Entrepreneur I could see going to an Ishi Tib who are known for their managerial skills. Marshal could be a toss up between many species. Here's hoping for Dresselians or Nautolans.

Thoughts?

I could see Gran, but didn't they already get stats somewhere? Neimodians will likely get passed due to their similarities with Duros. I'd hate to see both of them given the already extremely limited selection.

Gran are in age of rebellion. How about replacing neimodian with muun or preferably skakoan?

I thought about Muun, but they're more tied to The Banking Clan than normal business. I can still see the addition. Skakoan would be cool, but the dangers of that pressure suit in combat would suuuuuck.

Zeltron and Falleen would be good bets, too.

Edited by Tweedledope

I could see Gran, but didn't they already get stats somewhere? Neimodians will likely get passed due to their similarities with Duros. I'd hate to see both of them given the already extremely limited selection.

That would be the equivalent of them rejecting Chiss or the Corellian subtype of humanity because they are too similar to humans so if Neimodians are passed I doubt it will be due to their similarities with Duros.

Call me crazy, but since there is a human on the cover, and the past splat books have had whoever was on the cover included as a race, I am assuming there will be some new X-human variant as one of the races.

That would be the equivalent of them rejecting Chiss or the Corellian subtype of humanity because they are too similar to humans so if Neimodians are passed I doubt it will be due to their similarities with Duros

Neimodians might get passed over for their general lameness though.

I mean the species frontman is Nute Gunray; arguably the most lame character in Star Wars. 

That would be the equivalent of them rejecting Chiss or the Corellian subtype of humanity because they are too similar to humans so if Neimodians are passed I doubt it will be due to their similarities with Duros

Neimodians might get passed over for their general lameness though.

I mean the species frontman is Nute Gunray; arguably the most lame character in Star Wars. 

Using that logic, we should never see Gungans because of Jar Jar (not arguably even more lame than Nute)?

:D

Call me crazy, but since there is a human on the cover, and the past splat books have had whoever was on the cover included as a race, I am assuming there will be some new X-human variant as one of the races.

I hope not, but I suspect you're right.

I reckon that Muin could be a possible race. Given the entrepeneur specialization and the fact the Muine's run the banking clan. They seem a bit ess 'lame' than neimodians.

They may have a race special ability of something an extra rank in negotiate and high intellect or cunning rather than presence. Or perhaps cunning and intellect and agility and bran at 1.

Or maybe a special ability not related to skills. Perhaps 'easy credit' or something similar.