Sign in to follow this  
2P51

New EoE book Colonists are here

So Twi'lek dancing girls are actually legit now? Oh boy, if I ever take on the role of player, instead of GM, I'm so gonna play a Twi'lek popstar, complete with a diva personality. The drama she'll cause...

... the space paparazzi are just going to eat it up! I'm already loving it! :D

(Although the GM, whoever it may be, and the rest of the group might end up with headaches. :P )

This makes me sad that I recently gave up my Politico when we rebooted our game, but it makes me glad I didn't go Bounty Hunter with hopes that they would be the next book. Knowing what the signature abilities are helps me decide what to play next.

Well, I knew they would do a performer - too iconic for the setting not to, and I had a good hunch about the marshal, though I would have called it (sector) ranger. The entrepreneur however, I was thinking would be an animal handler.

Now to speculate on the species.

I think Marshal makes a lot more sense for colonist than a sector ranger since a Marshal could focus on one colony while a sector ranger has a much broader area of responsibility.

Agreed.  I'm still hoping to see Sector Ranger in the Bounty Hunter book.  To me, the difference in careers is like the difference between a Sheriff and a Texas Ranger in most Old West settings.  Sure, technically they're both lawmen, but a Sheriff tends to a community and thus interfacing with that community to keep the peace is pretty important.  Texas Rangers are borderline manhunters anyways, and the "One riot, one Ranger," philosophy fits the self-sufficient/jack of all trades aspect that Bounty Hunters have.

On a theory of the release schedule from here on out I think I have a hypothesis.  Based on the fact that we have 4 non-combat classes (smuggler has a little combat cheese but just wait) and 2 combat classes.  If you look you have gotten the books you least expected first (with exception of Colonist) first we get a non-combat then combat then non-combat.  My guess is the Bounty Hunter book will be next followed by the Technician and then finally we would get the Smuggler.  This is just a hypothesis but I think it a good strategy  because it holds the most popular/common class choices until last.  And while I don't doubt that these books are probably 'done' they just tweeking I kind of doubt they don't pay attention to the forums to see what it is we are going nutty for now.  That may actually change small parts of the book in some way like someone wants a specific weapon or starship we might see them in one of the other books.  Or perhaps someone introduces a new talent that no one there thought of.  So while I appreciate the insight given to us by the freelancer I would still suggest you keep suggesting.  Who knows maybe today's comment becomes next year's book.

Oooo, I do like that idea. All the (otherwise assassin'y) PCs would have Entertainer as their second spec. Interesting...

I'm hoping that the end game of the Entertainer tree is the ability to rally the fighting troops with a rousing concert while also simultaneously throwing the giant enemy aliens into a panic because "OMG! A Kiss!"

Edited by Desslok

I just had a thought, sparked by Al Capone's wikipedia article, I posted over on the order 66 boards: Create a nemesis NPC that has entrepreneur and marshal ranks and make him the most dreaded tax auditor/collector in the galaxy. Even Corporate Sector Prex's speak his name in hushed, fearful tones. The party comes to his baleful attention for the myriad of unpaid import taxes and other such things they've neglected, and they will be made to pay in full! This is, of course, dependent on how the two class's pan out, but a tireless bean counter out to get the PCs over something like unpaid taxes makes me smile... And thats never good for my players. :)

WHERE ARE MY SMUGGLERS??!!!!!  WHERE ARE MY GUNSLINGERS!!!!!

Patience Padawan. You just need to know that there will be one.

Patience...Yeah Yeah How Long Will That Take??!!!!!  ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Desslock, You are Man After my own Heart...HENCE MY NAME!!!

Hey Bull...Didn't they already do a "Bounty Hunter" one w/ the Dangerous Covenant?? I mean basically it's heavy weapons.

Edited by Lancer999

I just had a thought, sparked by Al Capone's wikipedia article, I posted over on the order 66 boards: Create a nemesis NPC that has entrepreneur and marshal ranks and make him the most dreaded tax auditor/collector in the galaxy. Even Corporate Sector Prex's speak his name in hushed, fearful tones. The party comes to his baleful attention for the myriad of unpaid import taxes and other such things they've neglected, and they will be made to pay in full! This is, of course, dependent on how the two class's pan out, but a tireless bean counter out to get the PCs over something like unpaid taxes makes me smile... And thats never good for my players. :)

That's just EVIL...Like the Sheriff of Nottingham or The Ferengi Auditor, Brunt from DS-9.  That would be Fun to play & Evil to get in battle with.  Like he would have 2 Trandoshan thugs in his entourage.  *Shivers in Fright*

So Twi'lek dancing girls are actually legit now? Oh boy, if I ever take on the role of player, instead of GM, I'm so gonna play a Twi'lek popstar, complete with a diva personality. The drama she'll cause... ... the space paparazzi are just going to eat it up! I'm already loving it! :D (Although the GM, whoever it may be, and the rest of the group might end up with headaches. :P )

It's funny, but one of the ladies i game with on occasion wanted to do just that for an EotE character around the time the book came out, being the Star Wars equivalent of Jem (she's an 80's girl, god bless her).  She opted to go with a different character idea (BD-3000 Colonist/Scholar), though it wound up being a moot point as I couldn't manage to get solid commitments from enough folks to warrant running a campaign.

Desslock, You are Man After my own Heart...HENCE MY NAME!!!

Hey Bull...Didn't they already do a "Bounty Hunter" one w/ the Dangerous Covenant?? I mean basically it's heavy weapons.

That would be Hired Gun.

I'm wondering if this is the only one we will see for awhile or they are going to push the bulk, or all, of the EoE splatbooks out the door by years end?

I'd bet they go into an A/B/A/B format from here 'til F&D.

Create a nemesis NPC that has entrepreneur and marshal ranks and make him the most dreaded tax auditor/collector in the galaxy.

That's just EVIL...Like the Sheriff of Nottingham or The Ferengi Auditor, Brunt from DS-9.

Or the paperboy trying to collect in Better Off Dead... "two dollars!" :D

So third quarter... I am guessing GenCon

I'm guessing September - don't wanna dilute the F&D beta. Did an EotE book come out last August? I don't remember...