Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2P51

New EoE book Colonists are here

186 posts in this topic

Very excited, and I know my players will be too!  I've had requests about something similar to all three of these specializations.

But now we'll spend another couple of weeks agonizing over what species will be included.  The only clear choice I can think of is Bith, as a nod to the Modal Nodes.

2P51 likes this

This looks really good so far just from the teasers on the specs. The art also seemed to show an Outrigger flying, so maybe it'll be in there too.

2P51 likes this

But now we'll spend another couple of weeks agonizing over what species will be included.  The only clear choice I can think of is Bith, as a nod to the Modal Nodes.

I'll never forget those two Bith I ran into in a bar somewhere in KotOR 2:

"I suppose you think we're both musicians, don't you?"  :D

Norsehound, 2P51 and kaosoe like this

I think that this is the most interested I've been in a career book yet. I appreciate the diversity of the specs a lot.

Me too, but the fact that the Marshal is a combat spec raises my worry about the watering-down of Careers and the disincentivization of dipping into Specs out-of-Career because the Career starts to contain everything you could need.

Worry aside, I like the blurbs and am excited for the book. Especially Performer.

I'd have to say in the various threads back and forth in these forums we collectively nailed all these specs.  So kudos to all of us.  Kudos to FFG for the announcement as well.

Makes me think the devs do lurk the forums, with how much people have clamored for a Performer type spec.

Edited by Kshatriya
LibrariaNPC, Norsehound and 2P51 like this

Very excited, and I know my players will be too!  I've had requests about something similar to all three of these specializations.

What are those darn ol Signature Abilities going to be......................... :huh:

iandimitri likes this

I think that this is the most interested I've been in a career book yet. I appreciate the diversity of the specs a lot.

Me too, but the fact that the Marshal is a combat spec raises my worry about the watering-down of Careers and the disincentivization of dipping into Specs out-of-Career because the Career starts to contain everything you could need.

The way they described it, Marshal abilities will be split between combat, endurance, and investigation, with the emphasis on the latter two.  After looking back at Archaeologist, Big-Game Hunter, and Enforcer, I'm not too worried.

Love it! I can't get enough of this stuff. This is probably the last career book that I would be interested in...yet I'm still pretty interested! Looking forward to seeing the Bounty Hunter and Scoundrel books (yet, hopefully we see a Hutt system sourcebook next!).

I worked on this one, good times! Glad to see them finally announce it! (It feels like it took forever to hear about this one). There was like an entire thread dedicated to just begging and speculating about a colonist class book, and it was cool to see all three specs get guessed almost title for title. As for what I worked on here specifically, all the class books seem to be following the same basic layout. I worked on a chunk of Chapter I and a chunk of Chapter III. Great fun! I really hope they get this one out before GenCon so I can hear what people thought of it!

As for lurking forums, I absolutely do. But, if you listen to the Order 66 Podcast (and who does, really?) Sam talked about specs and species selection process then. They sort of planned out all the books and which species and specs go in them before they even launched the line. So I can't really say that fan response is driving much of that, as it was laid out so far in advance. Beyond that, these books are generally done like, a year ahead of release or so, as far as the freelance writing part goes. when I lurk the forums, its mostly to see reaction to what has come out, the occasional rules thing, or just to enjoy watching you guys speculate on stuff I already happened to work on. (Its fun!)

Falkrunn, Liloki, Haggard and 12 others like this

Is it wrong that the parts I want the most are the "building your own homestead" and "turning your skills into hard cash"?

Nope.  Not in my opinion.  Of course that and a $1.50 get you coffee....... :huh: 

I do like the money idea.  I'm kind of at a crossroads with my Scoundrel, more social/negotiation/money direction or piloting, so I am very interested in Entrepreneur.

iandimitri likes this

Colonist: entrepeneur!

Colonist does seem to be the most wide open I would think.  You need more or less everything and everyone for a colony.

Marshall, gotta bring justice to the frontier.

Entertainer, everybody wants a good time.

I'd have to say in the various threads back and forth in these forums we collectively nailed all these specs.  So kudos to all of us.  Kudos to FFG for the announcement as well.

In fact we only needed the two of us! ;)

2P51 and Kshatriya like this

Colonist does seem to be the most wide open I would think.  You need more or less everything and everyone for a colony.

In fairness, lotsa people did guess the same, Entertainer in particular was one lots of folks were calling for.

In fairness, lotsa people did guess the same, Entertainer in particular was one lots of folks were calling for.

I agree. But I don't recall seeing anyone else call the marsall or the entrepeneur. Plus, it feels good to be right for once!

2P51 likes this

The Trader is an interesting specialization, with a focus on making money and spending it in unorthodox ways. Traders are characters with plenty of deals going on behind the scenes. They are generally involved in more business ventures than a gunslinger has blasters. They get a steady and significant revenue stream, and then have ways to spend that money to make their lives a lot easier. This might include knowing who to bribe to get some crucial information, or just spending a few credits to take their mind off their current troubles. And of course, few characters are going to be more useful than the Traders when sitting down at the negotiating table.

I'm ready to be corrected, FFG.

Edited by hencook

The Trader is an interesting specialization, with a focus on making money and spending it in unorthodox ways. Traders are characters with plenty of deals going on behind the scenes. They are generally involved in more business ventures than a gunslinger has blasters. They get a steady and significant revenue stream, and then have ways to spend that money to make their lives a lot easier. This might include knowing who to bribe to get some crucial information, or just spending a few credits to take their mind off their current troubles. And of course, few characters are going to be more useful than the Traders when sitting down at the negotiating table.

I'm ready to be corrected, FFG.

No, you're not.

2P51 and polyheadronman like this