Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GongShowHost

Boba Fett and Redirected Damage

8 posts in this topic

If my opponent uses protect to take Boba's damage, can I capture the character with protect? Is Boba still considered the source of the damage? Is it the same deal with Lightsaber Deflection?

Mac is correct here. Whomever Boba damaged instead, he could capture. The source of the damage is not changed when you use Protect, it is just moved to the Protecting Unit instead of being placed on the original target.

If the protect character is Chewbacca, does Chewbacca react before being captured?

It depends on who the active player is and therefore gets to trigger their reaction first. If LS then yes, if DS then no as he would be captured first. 

Edited by Toqtamish

Hey gang, so it's my understanding that if you lightsaber deflect and/or take the damage on a shield then Bobba's damage is prevented, or more accurately never dealt to the character it's self. So he wouldn't capture it. 

Hey gang, so it's my understanding that if you lightsaber deflect and/or take the damage on a shield then Bobba's damage is prevented, or more accurately never dealt to the character it's self. So he wouldn't capture it.

Correct as no damage was actually done.