Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Desslok

Break out the champaign, boys! Its a-coming!

122 posts in this topic

Well, the core book and the GM screen just made the jump from Printer to The Boat - so we're 6 weeks away (ish) plus another 10 days (or so) from open rebellion!

Both products updated at the same time (I checked last night), so I wonder if the release date is the same?

Well, the core book and the GM screen just made the jump from Printer to The Boat - so we're 6 weeks away (ish) plus another 10 days (or so) from open rebellion!

Both products updated at the same time (I checked last night), so I wonder if the release date is the same?

If I recall the release date was the same for the Edge line. It stands to reason that the same will be true for Age.

2P51 likes this

I would think they will both be at the same time, both updated on the boat the same day, I am thinking released the same day is pretty reasonable.

Perfect, I will wave goodbye to my students for the summer on about the day they will arrive. Just kickback and enjoy some summer reading.  Except for the FFG adventure books, Star Wars really has not had a good book or comic to read in about a year or more. Last Good Star Wars story was Legacy.

Legacy_Gatefold.jpg

OB-1 and GMmL like this

What can I expect from the AoR GM screen that I can't get from the EotE screen? I'm not really looking to purchase for the sake of spending money, but if the new screen is a "v 2.0", I'll consider it. Or maybe just wait till the FaD screen?

E

What can I expect from the AoR GM screen that I can't get from the EotE screen? I'm not really looking to purchase for the sake of spending money, but if the new screen is a "v 2.0", I'll consider it. Or maybe just wait till the FaD screen?

E

A new adventure and mass combat rules in the AoR one.

E

Teeeeeechnically ( :P), the GM kit includes rules for 'squads and squadrons', while Onslaught will contain rules for 'mass combat'. What the difference is, remains to be seen!

kaosoe, Fiddleback and Ghostofman like this

E

Teeeeeechnically ( :P), the GM kit includes rules for 'squads and squadrons', while Onslaught will contain rules for 'mass combat'. What the difference is, remains to be seen!

And here I thought I could skip the screen... Oh well, shut up and take my money...

Just put in my preorder from csi. Hows this sound: end of june I'm leaving the friendly confines of tampa for the (slightly) cooler july weather in the North Georgia mountains. Having my order shipped there. I'm already picturing myself on the porch of the cabin, soda on the table, me and my book on my chest (as I tend to fall asleep reading there...).

Perfect, I will wave goodbye to my students for the summer on about the day they will arrive. Just kickback and enjoy some summer reading.  Except for the FFG adventure books, Star Wars really has not had a good book or comic to read in about a year or more. Last Good Star Wars story was Legacy.

Legacy_Gatefold.jpg

Rather apt pic as once the F&D Beta drops I'm going to start to work on my Legacy campaign.

kaosoe and artteach like this

30th of May is what my projections show for the release date gentlemen.

Well, the book still shows On The Boat - and since Shipping To Stores takes about 10 days, and we're on the 20th - unless the status switches today or tomorrow, we're likely not to see it this month.

30th of May is what my projections show for the release date gentlemen.

Well, the book still shows On The Boat - and since Shipping To Stores takes about 10 days, and we're on the 20th - unless the status switches today or tomorrow, we're likely not to see it this month.

Chin up, it also doesn't say June, still just Q2, so perhaps FFG holds out hope for a May launch.

Well, we've hit the 7 days until the end of the month milestone, and we've *ahem* missed the boat. With monday's holiday, looks like no release for May!

Edited by Desslok

First off: no, there hasn't been an update - it's still on the boat.  :P

Second, I see that dice packs - EotE dice packs - are on the boat, too. I have to say, I'm surprised; I'd thought they'd release some rebranded AoR dice packs, or at least, 'Star Wars Roleplaying' dice packs to accompany the new game, and eliminate confusion. So, it will be interesting to see if people come around here saying, "where can I find AoR dice? There's lots of EotE ones, but I don't have that game."

Yup, that's all I got.  :D

Midnight_X2 and kaosoe like this

Second, I see that dice packs - EotE dice packs - are on the boat, too. I have to say, I'm surprised; I'd thought they'd release some rebranded AoR dice packs, or at least, 'Star Wars Roleplaying' dice packs to accompany the new game, and eliminate confusion. So, it will be interesting to see if people come around here saying, "where can I find AoR dice? There's lots of EotE ones, but I don't have that game."

I wonder about that too. What's the end game plan when all three books are out and they want to release supplements that can be used for any of them? Have the developers said anything in podcasts or anything regarding things like how they are going to brand the dice?