Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Millennium Falsehood

I'm worried . . . I can't find my minis.

234 posts in this topic

$3-400 per month?!,!! Those are not wages, they are an insult. If you live anywhere near Denver there are better jobs here. If you don't it might be worth moving.

That depends on how many hours he works, and what he's qualified for. Neither of which we know much about. Whatever he does, it shouldn't be full time work. If it is then GTFO.

Yea, I'd pitch in to help recover if they're truly lost. That seriously blows if they're indeed missing. Worse if they were stolen. Wingers unite!!!

In all seriousness I would be happy to donate some money to you to help with replacements.  If you have a paypal account that would be easy to do. 

You can contact me at dbdraft99@gmail.com

You guys are awesome! If it comes to that I've been inspired donate as well.

$3-400 per month?!,!! Those are not wages, they are an insult. If you live anywhere near Denver there are better jobs here. If you don't it might be worth moving.

That depends on how many hours he works, and what he's qualified for. Neither of which we know much about. Whatever he does, it shouldn't be full time work. If it is then GTFO.

He's been looking for two years and that is a monthly total. You can get that much donating plasma, I think. At any rate at 10 hours a week and 4 weeks in a month that is still only $10 per hour take home.

It's not a full time job. I am a contract worker taking pics of GE's jet engines, specifically the T-700/CT-7, CFM56, and CF34 lines. There is a facility where they're repaired and refurbished near where I live, and I am called on certain days to photograph them as they come in, go out, and when they're torn down.

I must thank the guys offering to replace my minis, though. You guys are so cool, and it makes me feel better to hear that. :)

GE should be able to find you someother duties to fill out that schedule and gain more pay.

Here in Houston we cannot even get new people with no experience to stay on board for $20 starting pay.

Hey, Falcon, I wish you the best of luck in finding or replacing them.  And I'm glad to see everyone so supportive.

I had a similar experience last fall, except I was certain they had been stolen (broken car window).  Since my collection was used by the whole group we couldn't play much for a while, and I've only started getting games in again recently.

As frustrating as it may be, though, don't get too caught up in losing them.  Interrogate all the relatives, of course, and double-check all the nooks and crannies, but don't agonize about it like I did!

GE should be able to find you someother duties to fill out that schedule and gain more pay.

Here in Houston we cannot even get new people with no experience to stay on board for $20 starting pay.

I'm a contract worker. I don't work for GE, I work for Regehr Photography. But nobody knows who that is so I've gotten into the habit of just saying, "I work for GE."

I'd gladly work for $20/hr . . .

I'm a contract worker. I don't work for GE, I work for Regehr Photography. But nobody knows who that is so I've gotten into the habit of just saying, "I work for GE."

I'd gladly work for $20/hr . . .

A tip for the young guys. Go where the work is. If you have to move, move. Home is where your heart is.

I worked for years on rotating shift for meagre pay but I worked to get my trade papers and my skill set is in demand. I went to a city that doesn't produce or have many with my trades skills and I'm up to project leading at the moment. That was 5 years after moving to a new city for me. 

Indeed, follow the money. I moved over 1,000 miles to work here (a girl was involved also). I've even gone to the other side of the world for employment. Go to the work, you can always visit home.

dojimaster likes this

If people have unused / unopened ships they could mail them directly. But $$ would be better so you could buy what you needed to replace full value. Anyone know of a good website to run this? Kick starter for fund raising?

If people have unused / unopened ships they could mail them directly. But $$ would be better so you could buy what you needed to replace full value. Anyone know of a good website to run this? Kick starter for fund raising?

I did a google search, and PayPal seems like a legit option.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/fundraising

Edited by WonderWAAAGH
Uber72 likes this

Millennium Falsehood: you could set up a free account here: http://www.gofundme.com/

People can then send money via paypal.

Or go the Paypal route that WonderWAAAGH posted.

I hope the miniatures turn up.

Edited by Uber72