Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Millennium Falsehood

I'm worried . . . I can't find my minis.

234 posts in this topic

It's sometimes scary when "honest" people just move your 'toys' around without any real concern about how much they are actually messing with.

I know. Understand, I don't *hate* her or anything. It's just incredibly frustrating to find my things missing when I look for them in the place I had left them.

I really should sell off my entire MtG collection someday before someone gets the idea that they should just throw out all of those "worthless" cards.

I hope they show up. Minis are always a hard thing to lose, whether by simple loss or by theft it sucks royally

I really should sell off my entire MtG collection someday before someone gets the idea that they should just throw out all of those "worthless" cards.

I gave all of my old cards to a friend of mine when I joined the army, a friend who didn't even play. Now some of those cards are worth $75 or more. :(

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

"If it's not one thing, it's your mother."

Anyway, my mum just told me she met Kenny Baker. Apparently they have the same chiropodist. KB is really nice, very down to earth. Can't believe she never told me!

Back on topic, I hope your stuff has just taken a holiday to the back of the closet and is none the worse for wear. That would drive me crackers...

I've been completely through the house. I mean that in a very literal sense: I've looked in every conceivable location, and barring a hidden portal to the nether, these minis are nowhere to be found.

I'm thinking it was an act of thievery, because the backpack I had them in is a very nice one that cost me $40:

IMG_1840.jpg

I'm getting depressed. Not because of the loss, though that certainly doesn't help matters. I feel violated . . . like my stuff is just stuff to take. I've been the target of theft plenty of times. I have a lock on my door, and it would stay locked were it not for my parents who complain loudly and often when I do that (even though they are welcome to a key; I have two).

I feel really lousy right now.

Did you bring your minis to a gaming store recently? Gamer communities are notorious for being breeding pits for cleptomaniacs. Every gaming community I've been a part of has had at least 1 or 2 little scumbags with 'sticky fingers'. Eventually they get caught, but not before alot of stuff vanishes.

No, I will try to find them. They haven't been vaporized or anything, and I'm pretty sure it's a family member, which makes it easier to figure out where they are. I'd feel pretty foolish if I accepted free minis and I found the bag the next day.

Beyond all the usual advice of "When was the last time you saw them? Have you checked down the back of the sofa?" etc., all I can say is good luck in finding them.

If it is a family member though, that should make a short list to set the interrogation droid on at least ;)

Digitalkiller likes this

$3-400 per month?!,!! Those are not wages, they are an insult. If you live anywhere near Denver there are better jobs here. If you don't it might be worth moving.

PM me if you want some advice, or some perspective.

Believe it or not, the army is full of our type of people. I once knocked out a ceiling tile and a stack of old 5.25" floppy disks clattered to the floor. It was a copy of Dungeons and Dragons, undoubtedly straight out of the early '90s.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH
Johdo, oddeye and librerian samae like this