Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Millennium Falsehood

I'm worried . . . I can't find my minis.

234 posts in this topic

So now you have new shinies what steps have you taken to fix the original issue which them to go missing?

Well folks, I managed to get the money withdrawn from the donation site and the minis ordered! They came in a few days ago, but I was spending the day with a friend and forgot to post any pics of them, but here they are:

ZG7HZ3H.jpg

xQ2JAtY.jpg

Miniature Market didn't have any TIE Interceptors at the time, and the amount that was donated wouldn't have covered them, but I can easily get them later.

Thanks so much to everyone for being so generous! I'm going to start the drawings now. :)

Hey man, I have been patiently awaiting that Ork-in-a-looted-Firespray I was promised. I will be sorely disappointed if I see wave 4 in my hands before I see that drawing.

Well, maybe not that disappointed.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

Well, I can certainly get the sketch done soon. Do you mind if it's more cartoonish than realistic?

So now you have new shinies what steps have you taken to fix the original issue which them to go missing?

I'm moving to another city. ;)

I just want to express my admiration and thanks to everyone who generously and without being asked helped out MF. He is a very lucky guy to have such support (and I can tell from his posts he knows this).

The reason for posting is to say to you guys that acts of kindness like this can help way beyond the intended recipient.

I recently tried to help a 'friend' who vented on one internet forum due to some personal issues and he then went onto another one with his grievances where he had a huge meltdown. He then let me see all the anger and bitterness he has kept bottled up for years. We tried to get him to get some professional support but in the end I just had to walk away. 

The whole experience has left me mentally badly battered and bruised. I'm not saying this because I am looking for or need sympathy from a group of total strangers. Although, I have reluctantly had to 'lose' one close friend I have others who are supporting me and the National Health Service here is fantastic. PTS isn't very pleasant but I'm getting through it. Finding a thread like this helps enormously as it put a huge smile on my face. Playing a couple of games of X-wing at the weekend with a mate really helped take my mind off things.

I wish the people who criticised this act of kindness and doubted the honesty of MF could realise that presents are about the giving and not the receiving.

As to how I found this forum and this particular thread lets just say "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away ....."    

Forensicus and Fnords like this