Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Millennium Falsehood

I'm worried . . . I can't find my minis.

234 posts in this topic

Uh Oh!

Where did you have it last?

What's the last place you would look?

I hope it's just a case of you putting it somewhere, in your house or at a friends, and forgetting where you put it. 

My mother is the prime suspect. She moves things . . . lots of things . . .

I'll probably find them somewhere where I would never think to look for them.

Mothers  :angry:

Mine usually uses the excuse "I was just trying to be nice" after moving something where it shouldn't be and not telling me about it.

Mothers

... in 1988, shortly after I had moved out, mine sold all of my Star Wars figures(had everything from '78 on including mail order), for .25¢ a piece at a yard sale. She gave me the money that was made off the sale saying, "This is what you got for all your toys".

Edited by LordCole

Mothers

... in 1988, shortly after I had moved out, mine sold all of my Star Wars figures(had everything from '78 on including mail order), for .25¢ a piece at a yard sale. She gave me the money that was made off the sale saying, "This is what you got for all your toys".

Ow. That hurts. I'd probably have had trouble speaking to my mother if she dismissed things I loved that badly.

Mothers

My mum did a similar thing it still makes me sad

In defense of my mother, she would never get rid of anything of mine...just move it without asking.

My dad cut the guns off my Star Wars vehicles and threw out the guns for the figures (seriously) because he didn't think it appropriate for a child to play with them (I know, why did he buy them then). But what makes it worse was that he then did off, didn't pay the bills and I had to sell them to pay the rent when I was in my teens. Because they were missing pieces and damaged they didn't make much either.

Upset me most having no sell my AT-AT. It stood about a metre tall and the side opened up and had room enough for me to place my Star Wars soundtrack CD's and the movie DVD's inside.

**** Parents...

Not StarWars, but my dad took all of my G.I. Joe stuff, put it into a box and THREW IT OUT!!! I had almost every figure, ships, planes, tanks. He even threw away the aircraft carrier.

I still cry when I see G.I. Joe figures...

This may be the most compelling reason against marriage. My wife is psychologically incapable of leaving things not belonging to her alone.

Johdo and UnfairBanana like this

Take one look at my signature and you can see why I'm worried. I have over $500 worth of X-wing minis in a backpack, and I haven't been able to find it in a week. :(

Here's hoping and praying that you find them dude.

Mothers

I have a similar tale of woe.

All that I have left is my Millenium Falcon.

hmm the moms i know usually only move stuff around when its left out in a place it shouldn't be.... Just saying!!    As a Dad myself the only time i move my Daughter's stuff is when SHE leaves her stuff all over the house.. I usually just fling it into her room as i am cleaning...  -_-

knasserII, VanorDM and t7thunders like this

My stuff lives on the highest shelf of my office, where the kids can't get to it and where the wife knows better than to. Bummer on all of you who lost things. I sympathize but have the opposite problem, I keep having to tell my mom it is ok to get rid of stuff.

Best of luck though while it would be fun to unbox my collection again, it would not be fun to pay for it a second time.

Swedge likes this

It's sometimes scary when "honest" people just move your 'toys' around without any real concern about how much they are actually messing with.

MerryVulture and Stelar 7 like this