Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Popn618

Computer games

32 posts in this topic

Also, Empire at War has some flaws, but is quite fun! The space battles in particular, well, at least once the xpac fixed the biggest flaw.

And Jedi Academy is one of my all time favorite games. Lightsaber dueling was done quite well in that game.

Edited by Damoel
Khyros likes this

I got EaW just because of the space battles. I love them, but the rest of the game is quite disappointing. 

I recently got Kights of the Old Republic II off of steam. I cant believe I never played that game as a kid...I love that one too!

I think I might get Jedi Outcast, that is the best SW game of all time IMO

I got EaW just because of the space battles. I love them, but the rest of the game is quite disappointing. 

I recently got Kights of the Old Republic II off of steam. I cant believe I never played that game as a kid...I love that one too!

Yeh, I wish there was a way to play EaW with only space combat.

I loved Jedi Outcast, but I do tend to prefer Jedi Academy. The story isn't good, but they refined the game play to a fine point.

Be forewarned, the Steam version of Jedi Knight is broken all to hell, and supposedly cannot be fixed. It will crash anytime you exit to a menu (including the save menu), so unless you're okay with constantly re-opening the program and using the quick save/load functions, it's going to be a frustrating ride.

Also, Empire at War has some flaws, but is quite fun! The space battle in particular, well, at least once the xpac fixed the biggest flaw.

Ya. EaW was fun, and there are some mods out there that make it even better. One in particular is Thrawn's Revenge, set in the time period from the destruction of Endor to the signing of the Pellaeon-Gavrisom Treaty. It is a full-scale conversion of EaW: FoC.

Rhinoviru3 likes this

Yeh, I wish there was a way to play EaW with only space combat.

There is. Make sure you've built a Death Star and when it comes to capturing a planet, just turn it into an asteroid field. No more ground combat there anymore. Problem solved.  ;)

stegocent likes this

Anyone ever play Star Wars Attack Squadrons?

Yup...too much like Galactic Starfighters from SWTOR, which I didn't like whatsoever, for my tastes.

Attack squadrons seems like its geared for kids. Simple and limited controls. cant fly sideways roll, just 4 preprogramed stunts.  Looks good though.

I've avoided Attack Squadrons out of semi-protest of the one aspect of Disney's handling of the license I've disliked. I was excited by 1313, and have fond memories of many of Lucasarts other Star Wars games. Their move to more accessible and casual games handled by EA is the final nail in the coffin for like titles. Hopefully eventually someone will make a return to more in depth titles, but I'll be a smidge salty until that occurs.

Note this doesn't mean I think folks shouldn't enjoy these newer titles, I'm honestly glad if they are. :D

Boomer_J and stegocent like this

I've heard that through some tinkering and modding you can get X-Wing and TIE Fighter to run on Windows 7 or 8 using the X-Wing Alliance graphics.  Has anyone tried?

Rob Jedi likes this

For anyone's who's got almost three and a half hours to burn on nostalgic SW gaming goodness, I can heartily recommend GameTrailers' Star Wars retrospective complete collection.

It's divided in ten episodes though, and so it can be watched in portions.

It's been some time since it ended, so it only leads up just before the Force Unleashed was released.

It really takes you back though. Right in the feels.

That's a bummer about attack squadrons. I haven't played it but I was looking at it and hoped it would be good. 

I really want another Rogue Squadron.. Loved that game.

Me too......too bad factor 5 shut down.

But battlefront 3 will rock!!!!

Go Dice!

Mystblade likes this

I'm just waiting for a GoG or Steam version of Yoda Stories.

..wow...I've got that on my old game boy color still lol

I really want another Rogue Squadron.. Loved that game.

Me too......too bad factor 5 shut down.

But battlefront 3 will rock!!!!

Go Dice!

Yeah but i really just want a Space Combat game.. I want to be able to fly one way whilst facing backwards shooting whats behind me.. Battlestar Galatica style.

I cant remember what game i used to do this in but it was always so much fun to kill stuff hunting you down when they arent expecting it.

I've heard that through some tinkering and modding you can get X-Wing and TIE Fighter to run on Windows 7 or 8 using the X-Wing Alliance graphics.  Has anyone tried?

X-wing Alliance runs on modern windows pc's from what I know, I am yet to try as I only just found this link

http://m.pcgamer.com/2010/10/11/play-x-wing-with-upgraded-graphics-trust-us-you-should/

Hope that link works, my cellphone-foo is not strong

Bilisknir likes this