• Announcements

• FFG Fra

Upcoming Changes to the Fantasy Flight Games Forums   01/20/2017

Hello Fantasy Flight Games forum community!   This week, we will be making some important changes to your Fantasy Flight Games community account and the way that you log into the Fantasy Flight Games community forums and web store.   We have been working hard to integrate with the rest of the Asmodee group, and we are happy to announce a unified way to access all the websites and apps made by Fantasy Flight Games, Days of Wonder, and Asmodee!   For most users, nothing will change: you will still log into the Fantasy Flight Games forums using your current login name and password. Only the login user interface will be new.   For a few users, your credentials might be slightly changed. For example, this could happen to users who have both a Fantasy Flight Games and Days of Wonder account, or in the case of conflicting login names across platforms. When these situations occur, special e-mails will be sent to those users with an easy explanation about those changes and what steps to take next. For any of you receiving those e-mails, please make sure to follow the instructions carefully.   Remember, official communications from Fantasy Flight Games or Asmodee.Net will never ask for your password.   What are the benefits for you as a player? Using a unified account to access all of our web services and apps makes your life simpler. Over time, you will see new features emerging, such as keeping all of your friends under a single account, finding friends easily in apps with online play, or developing your personal profile by adding to your board games collection. These are just some of the features that you will see during the next year, once this important technical step is complete.   Important note: The migration of the forums to our new system will take place on Tuesday, January 24th. The forums will be offline for about two hours during that time. Once the migration is complete, older forum posts may look strange for up to 24 hours as we rebuild them in our new system.   We can’t wait to connect our board game communities and build bridges between universes, game systems, players, events, groups, game clubs, and more! This is only the first step in bringing people and games closer together. For more information, read our FAQ at https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/asmodee-net/.   Best regards,   The Fantasy Flight Games Team
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JKoellner

Knowledge & Defense - Team Covenant Preview

12 posts in this topic

The Flight of the Crow.

Objective: 

Jedi Only

5 health/1 resource

All unique Jedi units gain Edge [1] while attacking

The Moldy Crow

Unique. Vehicle. Transport.

4 cost

4 Force icons

4 edge-enabled objective damage

3 health

Elite.

Each enemy unit loses all instances of Protect and Shielding.

Ruusan Colonist ((two of in this set))

Character. Civilian.

2 cost

1 Force icon

1 edge-enabled unit damage

2 health

While this unit is committed to the Force, it contributes its Force icons to your side during edge battles in which you are the attacking player or defending player

Valley of the Jedi

Ruusan. Location.

2 cost

1 Force icon

2 resources

Limited.

Reaction: After you win a Force struggle, remove one focus token from this enhancement.

My Ally is the Force

Force.

3 cost

3 Force icons

Reaction: After you win a Force struggle, destroy all units not committed to the Force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suwPzOSqYCw

Edited by JKoellner
dan.roettgen likes this

Eeeeeeee, new Jedi!

Squealing aside, finally, new resources for Jedi!  That's what has me excited the most, honestly.  And the Crow works really well for controlling the force.  The Colonists also look really useful.  I can see this combining very well with Watchers in the Wasteland and Self-Preservation, too.

Quick edit: now this probably going to be my new mono-Jedi deck:

2x A Hero's Journey

2x In You Must Go

2x The Secret of Yavin 4

2x The Flight of the Crow

1x Watchers in the Wasteland

1x Self-Preservation

I get a much better spread of resources here, of course, and the last 4 sets in the list are all great for grabbing the Force, making Gotals more dangerous.  The Crow itself also gives lotsa objective damage, and I think the added bonus of Edge for unique units is great, since I am still a new enough player to find Edge battles hard.

Of course, when new Yoda comes out, all bets are off.  Plus Jedi Leia (I'm guessing she'll be wearing her hair long, like she was in the village on Endor?  Long hair's always classy.)!

Edited by See Threebilbo
JMCB likes this

This objective set looks very nice, especially for the objective itself and Moldy Crow. Ruusan colonists seem like a very slow play since you can only use them after the next force phase.

Squealing aside, finally, new resources for Jedi!  That's what has me excited the most, honestly.

I found myself building my Jedi decks around objective sets that had actually resources in them. Jedi do seem to have a hard time getting enough resources in one deck when running pure Jedi objective sets

Ruusan colonists seem like a very slow play since you can only use them after the next force phase.

Not necessarily. You could always commit them during an engagement with the Echoes of the Force fate card. Then they're ability would be ready for a second engagement and/or for defense.

That said, they will definitely be a target for Jerec and the DS Echoes cards.

Edited by JKoellner

Ruusan colonists seem like a very slow play since you can only use them after the next force phase.

Not necessarily. You could always commit them during an engagement with the Echoes of the Force fate card. Then they're ability would be ready for a second engagement and/or for defense.

Actually, using Echoes of the Force would allow you to use their ability in the same engagement, since Fate cards resolve before you determine who wins edge.

JKoellner likes this

Actually, using Echoes of the Force would allow you to use their ability in the same engagement, since Fate cards resolve before you determine who wins edge.

Well that doesnt change very much to me. The biggiest benefit of having a unit with Edge is  that your oponent cannot Twist you as easy or as cheap since they have to put in a card first. Having one surprise edge icon in your edge stack which is dependent on a 2 cost unit you've had to play first doesnt sound worth it to me. I'd rather have supporting fire in my hand

Still, we have yet to see the Echoes of the Force card in a Jedi objective set (which is weird to me). You could still run mixed affiliations but that narrows your use of the objective itself. I am not convinced of the colonists...yet! (I would run the OS anyways for the other great cards).

Echoes is in Heroes and Legends, a super super very Jedi objective set.

I stand corrected.

Thats what happens when you have nobody to play with because your friends are on vacation, you dont know your cards as well :D