Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MyNeighbourTrololo

Let's Talk Bilbo

86 posts in this topic

Have I said somewhere that he is unplayable?

First, this was a showcase of pure excitement after getting my ass whipped by this scenario with dozens of decks.

Second: well, you said that his ability isn't worth 3 points of additional threat:

So, my question is... were designers too harsh when they were giving him this much of a threat cost disadvantage? Could it be justified? What kind of a errata do you think could help him? Perhaps lovering his threat cost a bit? Tweaking his ability a little? Some minor stat boost?

Answer: it is worth it, there is no neeed for an errata, because he's already one of the strongest heroes. At least for solo play. Not that i don't like your idea of choosing the player who is going to receive a card.That's cool, but that doesn't justify an errata.

In the environment, where most heroes don't pay threat cost for their abilities, and those who do - pay minor cost, his ability is totally not worth it, gives the loss of scaling in the multiplayer, period.

Leaving his usability (or lack thereof) aside, his threat should in any case be lower for thematic reasons. He is a hobbit after all, therefore he should be fit for secrecy and sneaky low threat decks.

Leaving his usability (or lack thereof) aside, his threat should in any case be lower for thematic reasons. He is a hobbit after all, therefore he should be fit for secrecy and sneaky low threat decks.

Could not also the thematic argument be made that since Bilbo is the most famous of hobbits (maybe aside from Bullroarer Took; but he is long dead) he would naturally draw more attention to any endeavor he dedicates his time to?

I like playing Bilbo in 1 & 2 player games. I don't play him in 3 & 4 player games. I think he should be -1 threat per extra player at the table to balance him out.

As a predominantly solo player I love Bilbo. I used to play him exclusively in my most powerful deck until more heroes were produced.

God, you're tough. I'm like speaking with a wall. Not going to waste my time further.

How to define irony...?

Easily: Don't read someobdy's thread and strike an arguement with that person. :lol:

You put the title of your post as Let's Talk Bilbo...what were people supposed to do???