Sign in to follow this  
Battalia

Imperial IN/LN Squad List (feedback appreciated)

I love my squints and enjoy their playstyle immensly, but I was unable to fit Fel with 3 other interceptors all with PTL. So in a fit of semi-frustration I ripped Fel out and replaced him with 2 academy TIE's. I sat there for a moment and really couldn't find a reason not to try the list. 

So here it is, let me know if I'm overlooking something or just being silly  ;)

Royal Guard Pilot TIE/IN - PTL       = 25

Saber Squadron Pilot TIE/IN - PTL = 24

Academy Pilot TIE/LN                     = 12

-------

Total Squad Cost                           = 98

With nothing left to buy for 2 points I could upgrade to a black squadron or just leave it as is to help secure initiative choice. Before someone adds in why not upgrade the Saber to a Royal, I have no more royal guard cards and imperial aces is sold out in my area.

I'm thinking wolfpack the TIE/IN's together and let the Academy's play bait with defensive actions. As always, any input is appreciated, or perhaps someone got to this list before me and my search-fu has failed me and someone can point me in the direction of that thread I can shamelessly steal advice from  :lol:

I very much like the squad idea and am in the same boat.  I only have 1 expansion of imperial aces.  I think Osoroshii's advice of a targeting computer isn't bad.  Target lock w/ Focus is very good with push the limit.

On a side note, I've been trying to come up with a squad I love with 3 or more squints and absolutely love Daredevil. Makes Tie interceptors so maneuverable.  But sadly, I haven't developed a squad I can use it effectively in.  Perhaps I'll try your build, but replace Push the Limit with Daredevil.

I love my squints and enjoy their playstyle immensly, but I was unable to fit Fel with 3 other interceptors all with PTL. So in a fit of semi-frustration I ripped Fel out and replaced him with 2 academy TIE's. I sat there for a moment and really couldn't find a reason not to try the list. 

So here it is, let me know if I'm overlooking something or just being silly  ;)

Saber Squadron Pilot TIE/IN - PTL = 24

-------

Total Squad Cost                           = 98

With nothing left to buy for 2 points I could upgrade to a black squadron or just leave it as is to help secure initiative choice. Before someone adds in why not upgrade the Saber to a Royal, I have no more royal guard cards and imperial aces is sold out in my area.

I'm thinking wolfpack the TIE/IN's together and let the Academy's play bait with defensive actions. As always, any input is appreciated, or perhaps someone got to this list before me and my search-fu has failed me and someone can point me in the direction of that thread I can shamelessly steal advice from  :lol:

Aces are sold out everywhere xD

Aces are sold out everywhere xD

Yea I blame everyone who went and splurged on 4 or 5 of them  <_<

*Edit:

Well, aside from the suggestions, no real critical errors were presented so I'll throw it on the board and see how it preforms! Thanks everyone :)

Edited by Battalia

I ran with two Royal Guards with HU and PTL, Howlrunner with Swarm Tactics, and two Academy's last night. Fought an XXBB list. It was a fun game, and if I hadn't driving right into an asteroid with my last Royal Guard, I might has pulled off a win. I definitely need to work on my flying skills.

I will say, I'm impressed with the Royal Guards/PTL against B-wings. In the end, I was down to one Guard against two healthy B-wings. Took one down without getting touched. (then landed on an asteroid and took a hit and crit from it...but we won't go there) Those squints are slippery. That extra hull helped as well. Makes a big difference when you're in the wrong position or just can't kill that 1 hull Rookie X at range 1 with three ships...

I considered downgrading to Sabers so I had extra points, but shooting before the everyone else helped a lot.

Here's the list I've been playing wtih:

Soontir Fell+PtL+TC

RG+PtL x2

Backstabber or Dark Curse

This way you have Soontir shooting first and then three PS 6 pilots.  The jury is still out over wither I like Backstabber or Dark Curse more.  I have found that Backstabber is not enough of a threat to keep the heat off of Soontir, and Dark Curse is about as tough to kill as Soontir is.

So after some more play testing of this list I have noticed it hits hard which is great, but the staying power is lacking. So I was thinking of cutting out one of the Interceptors in favour of stealth devices and perhaps a named TIE/LN pilot to draw aggro from the TIE/IN's. Perhaps something like:

Royal Guard Pilot TIE/IN - PTL - Stealth = 28

Royal Guard Pilot TIE/IN - PTL - Stealth = 28

Academy Pilot TIE/LN                             = 12

Academy Pilot TIE/LN                             = 12

"Howlrunner" TIE/LN                               = 18

-------

Total Squad Cost                                   = 98

(Always at 98 it seems!) Which would leave me 2 points perhaps for an EPT for Howl. I'm not expecting a whole lot from howl, but if she can grab enough aggro to get the Interceptors into position instead of getting alpha striked at range 3 and the closing pass I would be happy. And if that isn't the case, then the re-rolls she would provide would perhaps make up for it. Thoughts?
Edited by Battalia

I've played almost this exact list (but with hull upgrades on the RGPs), if you aren't worried about initiative then Swarm Tactics on Howl seems like a fairly easy choice.

Edited by stmack