Sign in to follow this  
Lagomorphia

Will You Get The Huge Ships?

But my Wallet is already cringing at my X-wing budget for the year...

Yeah I started to add up what I'm going to spend between these, Wave 4, and Rebel Aces, and stopped... Fortunately we've known about what's coming out early enough that putting $20 a paycheck away will cover it without an issue.

At least one of each, and very very likely a second transport by the end of the year. Possibly a -third- transport and second corvette next year, rules of tournaments willing (and budget of course).

That said, my local league is very small, so it's likely we'd have some ship sharing.

Edited by LeoHowler

I've had one of each huge ship on pre-order since January.  For some bizarre reason I was expecting both of the huge ships to them to hit the shelves at the same time.  Now I'm getting worried that my retailer won't be able to fulfill their pre-orders due to the demand...

Sigh, sadly only the transport and it will likely sit in a cabinet as I'm only interested in the X-Wing and pilot cards.

Why not try to hook up with one of the players here and buy their second x-wing and cards? Might take longer, but probably cheaper. 

Am I missing something?  What's the purpose of 2 transports?

I was wondering the same thing. 2 covettes I could understand, but under the points cost that is illegal unless they are playing on opposite ends of the board... Perhaps people just want one stock, and one to repaint?  :huh:

Am I missing something?  What's the purpose of 2 transports?

If I remember correctly the transport costs 2 epic points. And in the epic format you can have up to 5 epic points in play. So you can field two for a total of 4 epic points. That's why I assume some people are getting 2.  

Well the Transport does seem like a pretty powerful support vessel, even without upgrades, two naked transports would be just over 1/6 of your squad total assuming Epic rules as the baseline. For that you get a sturdy ship that can hand out two stress to enemy ships, give extra actions to allies, disrupt formations with the mere threat of plowing through them. I wouldn't make an entire fleet of them but two seems like it could pay off if it was supporting the right list.

Anyone getting a second transport and interested in selling on the spare X-wing and pilot cards, please PM me. Or even just the new unique pilots and bases; I don't actually need another X-wing.

I'm not going to get into the Epic format, but I don't want to miss out on the new swag!

Edited by vincehiggs

I am getting a Transport for sure, but as an Imperial player, I have to look at the Corvette more, seems a lot of money for a ship I can't use and a bunch of upgrades for a ship group that the Imperials don't have yet.

I am getting a Transport for sure, but as an Imperial player, I have to look at the Corvette more, seems a lot of money for a ship I can't use and a bunch of upgrades for a ship group that the Imperials don't have yet.

Paint it blue and grey. :P

Depending on how it's constructed, it might be quite easy to take apart - the Lambda was surprisingly easy and I'd like to think it would be more fiddly than a Transparisteel Giga-Narwhal (Yes. The transport needs a silly nickname too).

The model files for X-Wing: Alliance reference the GR-75 as the Tunaboat.

So, Tunaboat it is.

Not sure how much I want to grab the GR75 right away, but I definitely want to get my mitts on the CR-90.

Edited by Norsehound

i formyself wont get those ships my rebel collecting mate maybe 1 of each.

iam still waiting for imperial huge ships. and i know that we will get some. tantive 4 log talls u about other huge ships and this only huge ship and rebel only named crew member spoils u that we will see imperial ships and maybe even pirate ones *_* if we get pirates ;P