Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkGuard

where can i get a epic size mat 3' by 6'

12 posts in this topic

My suggestion is to make your own! I use a vinyl backing, glue some black felt of the same size onto the backing, and then edge it. It's a great stopgap if you can't find some third party version and is pretty cheap to do. Any fabric store should be able to hook you up with some black vinyl and felt.

I dont have a top that is 3x6 at my house, I was trying to think about buy a board and cutting it into 1/3 and installing hings so it lays flat ontop of a surface. The corkboard might be an idea, its light weight. If you can find a mat that would work

Edited by Cubanboy

http://www.bannerbuzz.com.au/

see if they will make you a play mat

That's where I got my custom design 3x3 mat printed. Really good quality and fast printing/delivery (I chose the second fastest shipping, received under a week). You can request any size, so I think getting a 3x6 from them shouldn't be a problem.

You can use two 3'x3' maps and put a line of painters tape to hold them together. Or, use 3'x6' piece of heavy wool felt.

I like the idea of using a 3'x3' space map attached to a 3'x3' space station map for scenarios.

In the US I went to Joann's fabric (sure there's an equivalent) and got heavy duty vinyl. Very cheap and you can cut to size anything that you want.

Best space station map is Gale Force Nine's. I have two of them. There are also cheap printable space station tiles sets from a couple companies on RPG Now. I made my turbo lasers and trenches from those.

Use white fabric paint marker from JoAnn Fabirics to make stars on black wool felt.