Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vitor_Passos_

A favour Owed + "You must take" Followers

4 posts in this topic

I've got a question about the quest reward card "A favour owed". If while drawing adventure cards a Follower that its text rule has "You must take (name) as a follower" is revealed, such as the Jester, I must take him or I may choose not to take him, as written in the "A favour owed" quest reward card?

I believe that you do NOT have to take the Follower.

A Favour Owed gives you the advantage of "...you may take...". Furthermore, it states "..If you choose not to take..." thereby implying the choice is yours.

You are not drawing the cards under normal circumstances. If you are drawing cards and it takes 20 cards till you draw a Follower, you do not have to encounter any of those other 19 cards even though some of them may say you must.

Remember, the Quest Reward is just that - a Reward. It wouldn't be much of one if you had to take Deathstalker, Jester or Poltergeist!

Edited by adjogi
DomaGB likes this

We had this discussion during a game a few month back and agreed that you didn't have to take a "bad" follower, however you couldn't continue to draw cards to find a "normal" follower.

"Deathstalker wants to join you. Do you accept; yes or no?"