Sign in to follow this  
HappyDaze

Any good Aqualish names rolling off your tusks?

I have an adventure coming up with several Aqualish NPCs (about 8 or so, with 3/4 of them being male) planned, but I haven't been able to find very many samples of Aqualish names. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Aqualish names have a very basic structure. Both first and names tend toward an alternation of consonants and vowels (Cvcv) with double-consonant variations (Cvccv or Cvcc), and are usually one or two syllables long.  There are some instances of three syllable Aqualish names, but they tend to follow the same rule, alternating consonants and vowels (Cvcvcv), again with some variations.  It is rare to find an Aqualish name beginning with a vowel sound (other than a Y).  While all consonant sounds are found in Aqualish names, it should be noted that hard consonants tend to be more prevalent.  There are exceptions to every rule, of course, such as Aqualish Senator Gorothim Vagger.

Names:

• Dulo Nara
  • Ko Borodin
  • Jado Bor
  • Rumko Wun
  • Banda Dobodin
  • Gom Munbo
  • Ru Paba
  • Tumbo Towabo
  • Doda Mob
  • Hom Dundun

i like to throw in a name that is just out of place to one of them.  like name one stan, or doug like Crimson Death suggested.  make him a black sheep with the group of aqualish for some fun comic relief. 

Ever since one of my friends introduced a walrus-man NPC based off "The Captain" from Xenogears, we've tried to work a version of him into all our games.

For Star Wars, we've got an Aqualish salvage operator: Walir Uzman

Aqualish names have a very basic structure. Both first and names tend toward an alternation of consonants and vowels (Cvcv) with double-consonant variations (Cvccv or Cvcc), and are usually one or two syllables long.

I might me an Aqualish!! :o