Sign in to follow this  
IXIMrPinkIXI

Long lances

I just finished listening to the beyond the wall podcast and they said something about long lances that surprised me. The card that is on the restricted list is "the long lances" but the card name is "long lances" does the word "the" really mean long lances is not restricted. Just because of a grammar error does that mean I have been playing without a restricted card.

No. It doesn't mean that at all.

Considering that the card is also identified (correctly) by set and number, there is no doubt that it is a typo, and even the guys at BtW would not say that card F96 from "Beyond the Narrow Sea" is not restricted just because of that typo if they were TO at an event. 

Mostly, the typo and the fact that it hasn't been corrected by FFG after all this time bugs a lot of people. But taking the position that "I guess it's some other card that is restricted, not Long Lances" is pretty absurd, even though there might be a technical argument that it is true if you ignore the set/number information, just because the typo annoys you.

We where of course 100% joking about Long Lances not being restricted. Ktom is right that their is no way i would let someone play another restricted card at a tournament if they had Long Lances in their deck and Alex would agree i am sure.... 

cheers

Yeah, I was away for a few days, but Darknoj and Ktom are right (although I wish I knew what "even the guys at BtW" meant :P) There's absolutely no doubt as to which card they're referring to as "The Long Lances", and we only mentioned it jokingly. It's the kind of thing that only matters because of, for instance, the input form for my Annals of Castle Black data.

That doesn't mean the FAQ document shouldn't be edited to fix this (as well, as say, the numbering issues brought up by the Q&TR, etc) - but none of that changes the actual way I would rule this as a T.O.