Sign in to follow this  
Panacco

Any ETA on a release?

Amazon uk is givin estimate delivery time between 9th september and 30th of september. Have to wait, unless anybody knows a store in central london to get this from? will be there on wednesday so any info is welcome.

Isn't he UK like Games Workshop stores central? Do they not stock the roleplaying game from which their own setting spawned?

If they're anything like the US stores, no. They know their number one money maker is toy soldiers, so anything that that takes sales away from that is verbotten.

I also asked them here - they said, they don't sell any of the RPG titles, nor do they sell the ultramarines movie or other not directly GW product.

I also don't see how that should be a good decision, as the cross-selling potential would be quite high.

They don't even mention to their customers in GW that these RPG games exist. The last time I was in a GW chatting with other customers. None of them had a clue what dark heresy was or the other d100 40k games out there's existence. It's incredibly short sighted. 

Edited by Lexdamus

Thats what i found out in a GW store in Antwerp. They are even not allowed to do anything else in the stores besides playing, selling actual GW products. So yeah, gw licences out theyr IP but is bad on capitalixing on it.

But back to my earlier question. My google fu has failed me completley and thats why i actually asked here about a lovation in london to get my hand on one copy of the new vore rulebook. I am sailing still for the next 3 weeks and would have plenty time to start preparing for a game to start when im nack on dry land :)

Thats what i found out in a GW store in Antwerp. They are even not allowed to do anything else in the stores besides playing, selling actual GW products. So yeah, gw licences out theyr IP but is bad on capitalixing on it.

But back to my earlier question. My google fu has failed me completley and thats why i actually asked here about a lovation in london to get my hand on one copy of the new vore rulebook. I am sailing still for the next 3 weeks and would have plenty time to start preparing for a game to start when im nack on dry land :)

Amazon should have it available.

So after more than a few months have passed:

Do you have any infos on DH2 translations or why they take so long?

I know, it’s not FFG responsible for it, but I have to ask at least somewhere. ^^

As a side question regarding those translated books, how do they translate setting specific terms like "Cogitator", "Rockcrete", "Lho-sticks", ... ? Do they just adopt the word or make up their own words? I've always wondered.

Edited by Gridash

I'm a french speaker at first, and when computer is ordinateur, cogitator is cogitateur.

Lho sticks is "Barrette de lho", rockrete is "Plasbéton" (béton is concrete in english), plasteel is "plastacier" (acier is steel) etc.

They did what i think is logical to do in this situation.