Sign in to follow this  
Panacco

Any ETA on a release?

There was about 2 weeks between Tome of Decay being released in print and the PDF. I don't think its usually as long as 1-2 months. I usually see it being 1-2 weeks. On the release date its on Esdeviums website for this week so it should be in European stores when they get their delivery for this week. I'm going to see if I can get one tomorrow.

1-2 weeks are absoluely ok (even if I still cant see any other reason than totry to push printed sales), so if we are lucky end of August / beginning of September could be realistic.

You think it will also arrive in Europe by this week ?

I went to my FLGS today and asked if they knew when it was coming out. They hadn't been aware it was already supposed to have been released. They ordered me a copy, but I think this could have been advertised or announced a little bit better. I wasn't entirely sure when to expect it myself, and I felt like I was following it reasonably closely since beta.

I went to my FLGS today and asked if they knew when it was coming out. They hadn't been aware it was already supposed to have been released. They ordered me a copy, but I think this could have been advertised or announced a little bit better. I wasn't entirely sure when to expect it myself, and I felt like I was following it reasonably closely since beta.

I agree. This game seems to flying under the radar. I saw a glimpse of it in a GenCon video, but that's pretty much all. Wish people gave this a bit more attention, just to get a bit more information about it.

I think as the book becomes more readly available their will be more discussuions soon.Right now we as RPGers really have a tone of selections avaible thats just come out or will be very shortly i.e DnD 5E getting alot of attention currently.

Gen-Con really was a case of:

Look at our new Star Wars fleet game!
Look at our new Star Wars skirmish/dungeon crawl game!

Check out the newest wave for X-Wing, Scum & Villainy!

Holy crap guys! It's an X-Com game with a companion ap!
Check it out, The Witcher now has its own board game!

Netrunner and Arkham Horror even get a few new things!
Did we mention that we had the beta of our new Star Wars RPG as well?
40K conquest was there too!
Also Dark Heresy 2nd Ed came out.

BYE

Edited by H.B.M.C.

Gen-Con really was a case of:

Look at our new Star Wars fleet game!

Look at our new Star Wars skirmish/dungeon crawl game!

Check out the newest wave for X-Wing, Scum & Villainy!

Holy crap guys! It's an X-Com game with a companion ap!

Check it out, The Witcher now has its own board game!

Netrunner and Arkham Horror even get a few new things!

Did we mention that we had the beta of our new Star Wars RPG as well?

BYE

I watched all of those GenCon videos hoping for a peep about Warhammer (roleplay), but all they announced was cardgame stuff. You could see a picture of the DH2 books behind the main guy at some points, but he never mentioned it even when pointing out stuff in the cases.

Edited by Vaeron

Yeah, it was odd to say the least. I managed to get in a relatively small line on Saturday and picked up a copy. I was fearful they were out, but there were like 5 copies that I saw, when the list of out of sale was at least 9 products long.

You'd figure with the community reaction to the second edition so far they'd at least announce it's existence.

I just joined the forum so first of all i would like to bid greetings to all the forum users and heretics.

and secondly i have a question regarding 2nd ed, will there be a collectors edition of it like with the first edition?

I would be very, very, very much interested in getting my hands on this sacred tome and will go to any lengths to acquire it.

Heretics are in the Black Crusade forums, or some of the more scrupulous areas of the Rogue Trader areas. Well I guess some Radicals in here too... :mellow:

I don't know about a collector's edition, haven't heard anything about one at least. It's avaliable around places now, but likely a few weeks before it's avaliable everywhere.

Conquest got a fair bit of coverage, although it's probably because it's an LCG that people can get really competitive with for the goodies.

Gencon video coverage of DH2nd was... weird in its non-existence, yet visibility of the rulebook and GM Kit. Would anybody who has it already be so kind and tell us the first impresions of finished product? Changes from beta, fluff of Askellon and 40k in general, ratio and quaility of new art, and so on? Pretty please :)

Well - the rules are mostly like Beta with Update 6 with some minor changes (primarily in the character creation).

I like the new art very much, the book itself is really beautiful.

The Askellon description focusses a lot on hive desoleum - the sector itself is "close" to the Scarus and Calixis sector.

I agree that the overall look of the book is really nice. Layout and design convey the mood of the setting.

I'm a bit disappointed with the art, though, as I had hoped for more new pieces. Most artworks featured are really dynamic, seemingly drawing the viewer into the action. Sadly, several pieces have appeared before, albeit in other lines like Deathwatch and Black Crusade. So, collectors of the other game lines will stumble upon some familiar pictures. There's lot's of new stuff, too, though, so maybe my expectations were too high.

As the artworks are blended into the general layout, it is not possible to use them as character portraits or for illustrating npcs, which is really quite a shame. To my surprise, the roles are missing portraits entirely and are illustrated with various 'themed' skulls instead, which is funny, but should have been abandoned in favour of more illustrations of human characters.

Content-wise, the book appears well rounded. Personally, I would describe it as the most 'complete' core rulebook. The armoury section is filled with a real host of options, and there seem to be nearly endless approaches to creating different characters. I'm also quite amazed with the npc section that appears to be bigger and more diverse than in the other lines.

I enjoy the skulls personally, giving an example of what each role looks like takes away a bit of the imagination for me personally of building a role from the various worlds and backgrounds. I agree with your other sentiments.

I see your point.

I would have liked a 'showcase' of character illustrations with three or four illustrations per role like in some kind of '40k-Osprey book', but then again that would probably mean a huge sum of money invested in commissioned artworks. It would, however, give some more insight into the typical dress of iconic homeworlds and social backgrounds, which I would find valuable when introducing the setting to new players.