Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Panacco

Any ETA on a release?

96 posts in this topic

I live in Sweden, and generally we have to wait a few weeks/months before FFG products reach our corner of the world. My question is tho, when is the US release? Is there a date set or some kind of estimation?

Third Quarter means July–September.

I would expect this in September, since summer is generally a bad time to release anything (except children's movies).

The standard deal with FFG is that they pay a premium to ship over an advanced load of a product for GenCon. The rest of the shipment will arrive a few months later at their warehouse in the US. Its then another 2 months untill we get anything over here in Europe (November time from my experience).

3rd Quarter means: "As usual". Also, I had DW Core days after it was released in the US.

Alex

Edited by ak-73

Is there a pre order with 2nd edition. I was not apart of the beta but really want to see what the differences are. If there is a pre order I will definitely come up with the money for the release.

Is there a pre order with 2nd edition. I was not apart of the beta but really want to see what the differences are. If there is a pre order I will definitely come up with the money for the release.

If you own Black Crusade or Only War, that's basically the difference.

knasserII likes this

Simsum you missed the totally kickin' rad part where you get to set your character sheet aside for 20 minutes and use the statblock of a moderately-powered NPC. That's new and exciting.

Scyndria and Simsum like this

Simsum you missed the totally kickin' rad part where you get to set your character sheet aside for 20 minutes and use the statblock of a moderately-powered NPC. That's new and exciting.

Yeah that part makes all the difference :D

I'm not going to hang around here and become a routine moaner over what was lost, but I wish FFG had stuck with their original plans for DH2. I did playtests and it was vastly improved. It's a real shame that grognards persuaded them to back down from the revisions.

Edited by knasserII
Elior, Drama, UncleArkie and 4 others like this

Well I didn't play test it at all. I heard of the new careers and exciting changes they would be making and just for that reason I'am sold on the idea. Makes me wish I bought the beta and play tested the game to at least speak my voice. Although a new sector to fight in and new careers seem pretty cool. I can live with keeping it main stream so to speak.

Edited by Drama

The newer (is that even a word?) version of the beta discouraged me and my group to buy it, cause we already had a good time with Only War.

We have no problem in different systems etc. But having 2 almost identical games (system wise) gave us that reason..

In the future, we may buy it, but not around the release date.

knasserII likes this

You may say "Oh Scyndria, you are all wrong.. There is so many new features and.."

Yep.. Features that may not make any sense/broken/F*c* the system totally..

As some mentioned earlier in this thread, the ability to hire stronger npc to support your mission.. Why even give the players that ability.. You could easily just gm'it to work, make it all scenematic etc. 

We're getting off topic here. The op asked if there was a release date. There isn't per say, end of thread. Let your feelings about the edition go.

Seconded....

Inspired by the avatar of ThenDoctor I will guess the ETA by saying: "it will arrive precisely when it means to."

Superraiderman likes this

In which case Im really looking forward to picking this up as well as SW: Force & Destiny beta at Gen Con this summer.

Edited by jburgos

We're getting off topic here. The op asked if there was a release date. There isn't per say, end of thread. Let your feelings about the edition go.

Oh quit being so reasonable :P

The standard deal with FFG is that they pay a premium to ship over an advanced load of a product for GenCon. The rest of the shipment will arrive a few months later at their warehouse in the US. Its then another 2 months untill we get anything over here in Europe (November time from my experience).

Thx, and what about translations in other languages? Do they take longer or are they in time with the english Europe release?

Edited by Kuanor

Thx, and what about translations in other languages? Do they take longer or are they in time with the english Europe release?

Translations? I didn't know they did translations at all. Which languages?

Not they themselves but licensed local publishers.

At least there are German translations of FFG’s GW-licensed systems, though the publisher seems to have changed meantime (F&S → Heidelberger).

Is this an exception?

Woah, I never considered how insanely different it would be to write a system in English as opposed to German. 

A question: what systems could you write that would only be playable in a specific language? What structures of grammar prohibit certain systems?

i.e. Wick's use of conjunctions in Houses of the Blooded.

Edited by Kainus

There are also some standard changeovers in the background when translating.

Eldar Dire Avengers, for example, are called "Hunters of Asuryan" rather than a direct translation. I don't know how much of their background, if any, varies from the english version.

Equally, certain other things change on the grounds of taste/legal restrictions. Grey Knight Paladins have a psychic power called "firestorm" because the other thing is not a word you use in a German language publication if you can avoid it.

There's usually a taster mission released for Free RPG day, so we can hope that'll be the same again - the follow-on download, Edge of Darkness, still stands as one of the best adventures FFG/BL have published.