Sign in to follow this  
Greymere

Should # of Specializations be capped?

Sheesh people - all this number crunching! Really, just do what the character concept demands and not "well, if I buy Spec A before Spec B and only spec C because it saves me 47.2 percent on my overall gross experience expenditure". Who cares what it costs - do what's fun, not fun for the accountants!

I agree, but if someone has an idea, like wanting to be the galactic cage fighter without peer, it actually is more thematic to just grab the hand to hand talents from Gadgeteer and go to another tree for more hand to hand talents.  So it isn't necessarily just a number crunching exercise it can be character driven as well.  Staying in one tree for the sake of it can actually step outside a character concept.

Edited by 2P51

I'm trying to point out (apparently poorly) why one should not even consider capping the number of specializations.

My point is that specs are not the enemy. A GM who caps the number of specializations almost certainly won't accomplish what he wants. A player who buys a bunch of specializations early isn't making his character more powerful; he's making it less powerful. At least in the near term.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm in agreement that spec caps is bad for the game.

We are going to have to disagree with how you do CBA though.