Sign in to follow this  
Simon Retold

Experienced player looking for an online group.

Hey there, everyone.  I've been playing Fantasy Flight's Edge of the Empire since it was released last summer, and I love it.  It's currently my go-to game for roleplaying fun.  Sadly, I'm having a little group trouble.  I mean, my current group is great, but we don't get together as often as I'd like.  I have a bunch more free time than most of the other group members... so I'm looking to fill that time with an online game.

Most of the time, at our table, I'm the GM, and I don't have a problem with that.  I've introduced dozens of people into this hobby over the last 33 years, and will hopefully have the chance to bring in dozens of more players before I hit double my Wound Threshold.  That said, I wouldn't mind being a player for a while, rather than GM.

If there are any groups out there looking for a player, I can do Skype, Google Hangouts, Roll20.net, or other online services.  Just let me know what software I'll need!

Edited by Simon Fix

Hey man, I too have been having trouble with an inconsistent group. It's not their fault. They have kids and real jobs.

I'd love to GM a game online. I've GM'd a lot and like it better than playing most of the time.

I've never done a game online though. If someone was willing to set something up that I could access with my Mac (PCs make me want to pull my hair out) I'd be more than happy to do a weekly or biweekly game.

I am new to this game and RPGs in general but would like to get with a consistent group and learn. I just got the beginners box and looking to get the core rule book in the next few weeks. If you guys have room I'd like to join.

I am new to this game and RPGs in general but would like to get with a consistent group and learn. I just got the beginners box and looking to get the core rule book in the next few weeks. If you guys have room I'd like to join.

That would be fine as far as I'm concerned, but this isn't exactly my thread either. The only real issue would be that no one could loan you their book if you had questions and we'd have to walk you through character creation. We could probably make it work. Still though, it'd be better if you had your own book, from the get go.

Edited by glewis2317

As far as times go, I'm good on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings. Depending on what happens with my current, absentee players on Saturday, that evening could open up as well.

I'm in the central time zone.

I would like to join. I am not available on Thursdays, but any other time is fine. I can also GM if necessary, and have a preference for mic required games. Making mics required makes it so that people are more active and try to get more stuff done in a single session (as opposed to well written pbp games that take much longer).

Edited by hencook

PM sent. I vote for glewis as GM, and he's the only guy that really stepped up other than me.

Time slot, Wednesday night says the GM, but I am available for any day except Thurs.

Voice program: Google Hangouts (has its own dice roller) or Skype

Edited by hencook

Hey there, everyone!  Sorry about the brief response prior to this one, but I was on the iPad and don't much like making huge posts from the tablet.  Needless to say, I'm excited that this has taken off the way it has, and am looking forward to gaming with the lot of you.  I'm good with whoever wants to GM, as long as it's not me.  *chuckles*  With the exception of a single game, I've GM'd every game I've been in since GenCon 2004, and most of 'em for at least a decade before that, so it's good to know someone else is taking the reins.

Game on!

Those of you wanting to get something going Wednesday nights let's figure out a good time.

I'm Central time zone. I can start around seven PM. I'm also a night owl, so being up late is no big deal.

Let's try and get a consensus on starting time.

Simon, thanks for starting this thread! You good for Wednesdays?

Awesome Thread! I am a new player and would very much like to join an online group. However, I am in Mountain Standard time, and wednesday nights I'm not available until 8:30pm. Are there any others creating groups for other nights?

Ok guys, it looks like Wednesday night is a go. I've been asked to start at 8pm central time.

That's a good time for me. If there are any problems with that please let me know. I'll spend the next day or two figuring out google hangouts. Seriously, I never use my computer. I'm an iPad guy who hasn't touched my desktop in probably six months.

I'd like to spend the first session creating characters and if time allows we can start the adventure.

Any questions or comments?

Edited by glewis2317

The main reasons I'd like everyone to create characters together, is so that I know everyone has actually given back story, obligation and motivation some thought, as well as give the other players in the party the chance to possibly intertwine their characters backstory, if they so choose.

It also helps out me, as a GM, to be there for character creation so that I can better plan sessions custom tailored to the PC's.

IMO, character creation IS play. I can't describe how frustrating it is as a story teller, to have a group of guys stat out the characters, giving no thought to anything but numbers on a piece of paper. If the people who are participating in my game want the best out of me, character creation is an important step, that I'd like to be part of.

Edited by glewis2317

I would also like to be part of an online game. I have been the GM for several groups and would actually like to try being a player. Preferably UK based or UK friendly times (GMT) since I am UK based and I work during the week.

Hi all!

I am experienced player and GM using this new Star Wars EotE system.  I run a local gaming group on Sundays here in the North Dallas area. 

As a GM, I do not get a chance to player as a PC much and would love to get a chance with an online group.  Please message or PM me or email me at fitness2survive@gmail.com.  8pm on Wednesdays would work for me!!

-Greg