Sign in to follow this  
Zso Sahaal

do I need multiple copies?

SoI'm looking at building an Imperial squadron and using a few Hull Upgrade modifications. I am planning on buying the Imperial Aces to get the card, however I don't know how many there are in the set. I would not like to have to buy the set three times just for the card. Can I simply say that these x number of ships have this upgrade? Is this acceptable in tournament play? Friendly play is far more leniant. thanks

I can't remember how many copies you get in the box.  However for tournament play one must have a physical copy of all items needed to field their squad.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by Devon Greatwolf

Can I simply say that these x number of ships have this upgrade? Is this acceptable in tournament play?

No. The tournament rules are very clear on this. For each time you use an upgrade you need to have one card.

Putting Hull Upgrade on four Interceptors? You need four Hull Upgrade cards.

Edited by Veldrin

****... So FFG might ought to look into upgrade packs in the future

They might, but they have hinted that they aren't like to do so.

The make most of their money off selling models, and as such it makes more sense for them to include popular upgrades in packs with models, rather then just selling the cardboard.

But they have been pretty good about getting more then one pack with a given and normally popular upgrade out there. They included 2 PtL with Imperial Aces, so you don't have to buy A-Wings for them. They're including 1 Advanced Sensor with the E-Wing so you don't need to buy shuttles for those. They're including 2 of each upgrade in the Rebel Aces as well.