Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DragonBones

Play area with epic rules?

24 posts in this topic

Just wondering if there is any indication that the play area will change from 36" x 36" with the addition of  the large ships and epic rules.

Thank you

Just wondering if there is any indication that the play area will change from 36" x 36" with the addition of  the large ships and epic rules.

Thank you

I dont imagine you could keep it at 3'x3'. 4'x4' or 3'x5' would both be doable. 

It would be helpful if someone from Fantasy Flight could chime in , in order to prep any mapping or play areas for the game.

Well with the CR-90 coming in with a range 5 stick, I think it will most definitly be increasing in size. 

CR-90 at center of a 3x3, range 5 is the edge of the board.

Edited by catachan23
Vorpal Sword likes this

It would be helpful if someone from Fantasy Flight could chime in , in order to prep any mapping or play areas for the game.

I'm not sure if FFG ever checks the XWM forums... Unless a bunch of people report a thread or something like the Russian Tie Fighter Thread.

If they did, I would assume there would be a Gallery sub-forum or a Builds sub-forum.

But, I do agree that their presence here would be welcomed.

**Edited** Just for you, catachan23!

Edited by Hoosteen

I'm not sure if FFG ever checks the XWM forums... Unless a bunch of people report a thread or something like the "Russian Tie Fighter" thread.

I am not familiar with the Russian TIE Fighter thread, what was that?

Thrawnshand likes this

**Edited** Just for you, catachan23!

Thank you!

Also, not funny. 

Yeah, I agree that the FFG probably won't read most of this on here, but we could hope.

I chatted regularly with the folks on Spartan Games Forums (I have a French Dystopian Wars Fleet) and they actually DID take advice and comments from the community.

I could see 3x6. 

Most likely.

Edited by catachan23

I have no doubt in my mind that this Forum site is looked at by FFG...After all this is their game and above all their Server lol...The only time that they would intervene is when conversations or topics go beyond the Game and abusing common civility ...All gaming Forums use the positive and negative to either add to their game or make changes... Back to topic ; I can foresee the playing area going to 4' x 8' area...Possibly larger...But then again FFG has already surprised us with this new fleet that they are slowly releasing...Oddly enough someone did leak this out in another site ; asking if anyone would be interested in buying both of these starter ships...

I have no doubt in my mind that this Forum site is looked at by FFG...After all this is their game and above all their Server lol...The only time that they would intervene is when conversations or topics go beyond the Game and abusing common civility ...All gaming Forums use the positive and negative to either add to their game or make changes... Back to topic ; I can foresee the playing area going to 4' x 8' area...Possibly larger...But then again FFG has already surprised us with this new fleet that they are slowly releasing...Oddly enough someone did leak this out in another site ; asking if anyone would be interested in buying both of these starter ships...

It would totally make sense for the possibility of a 4x6(or 8) size as well since there are a lot of tabletop miniature gamers out there that already have tables (or access to tables) that are that big. 

ps

I dig your signature.  I live by that motto and it helped me become a cancer survivor.

rym likes this

Pretty sure they won't be sharing that info until they decide to release the rules for the Epic format of play.  It's not that they don't read the forums, it's that if you ask about stuff that hasn't been released or shared, they aren't going to respond...

we do know for certain that the play area will be increased.  I cant remember where I saw that, but it might have been in the transport write up.  We do not however know what size it will be.  My guess is 3x5.  Just because that is the size of my kitchen table, and I know FFG designs the game to accommodate me personally. lol

Pg 2 in epic gameplay, setup instructions says TO must allocate a 6' x 3' space. Can setup on your side within range 2 (instead of 1) from the edge.

Edit: librarian101 beat me to it.

Edited by Johdo

I heard it was going to be a 4'x4'x4' cube, filled with jello to suspend the ships and make the 3 dimensional aspect more realistic. 

didn't FFG offer a game tile set  with anti-gravitational properties?

probably got scrapped because of the increased costs...

I heard it was going to be a 4'x4'x4' cube, filled with jello to suspend the ships and make the 3 dimensional aspect more realistic. 

didn't FFG offer a game tile set  with anti-gravitational properties?

probably got scrapped because of the increased costs...

It's no big deal. I just play with them on my hover board and pay one of my interns to make pew pew sounds for me.