Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Professor

On Behalf of Another...

4 posts in this topic

Greetings AGoT Knights,

A colleague at work recently purchased AGoT and has played a dozen games, including a few with only two-players (yes, I realize it's a 3-6 player game).  As a number of players have mentioned 2-player variants I'm writing at this time on his behalf to hear your thoughts on a possible 'fix' since one can not always have 3-6 players available.  Additionally, every video review I've watched stated that the "game really works" or "works better" with six players.

While I have yet to play the game, I've play-tested over two dozen war-games, for which there is some similarity with AGoT, for four years now.  To that end, if you're playing with less than the optimal six players, may one simply set-up all of the other houses, as they're placed in pre-set locations, shuffle their respective House deck, and begin play?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Joe

That is an interesting thought, but I do not believe it would work as a large majority of this game is based around player decisions -- where to move, how much power to bid, what units to muster, etc.

If you do try it, please share your experience on it.

mungkei,

As I watched the review videos again and paid close attention to the FFG video, I did notice the number of decisions for players, well beyond a single card selection for combat.  It may prove too cumbersome to try this variant, but we'll see.  Of course if we treat the non-playing Houses as neutral, they would only defend their lands.  We'll see.

I greatly appreciate your response.

Cheers,

Joe

I believe some of you must be a football fans,and you may heard about the PS3/XBOX360/pc video games called FIFA, the latest game is FIFA 14, I'm really enjoy it with the help of http://fifa14.vipmmobank.com meanwhile,I want to share theis imofrmation to you ,my friend, if you administor thik this massage annoied you, please forgive me, PLS keep this massage for about 2 or 3 days, TKS.:)