Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bullroarer Took

The Ringmaker Cycle - What We Know

83 posts in this topic

The Mirror is an interesting and powerful card. Remember it's off-color too (spirit card draw) so Id say its VERY strong.

Edited by FetaCheese

I do like a lot all your comments ...

However, the game is taking a race of power between its encounter cards and its player cards. Just have a look at gandalf arsenal. Though I do not like this race, I do enjoy playing tough quests. All of you that, I suppose, are experienced players, know how devastating is the drawback of discarding at random. So yeah, this card could be fun and interesting when you already control everything ... But that is not the game we are playing ... In the game that I am playing (at least), I am constantly trying to cope with tricky situations and to adapt to a new surprise difficulty.

For exemple, the card would have been much more interesting stating that you must discard, let say, 2 cards of your choice instead of one at random. That would have been interesting with potential for deck building.

Ok, may be I am alone on this, and it is just the expression of my feelings. But for me, Nenya is already a very big disappointment. It seems they want to minimize Galadriel stuffs ... Considering Galadriel should be, along with Gandalf, the most powerfull of all characters they have created, it seems very depreciating to have her so poorly equiped.

And again, it is just the expression of my thoughts.

I do like a lot all your comments ...

However, the game is taking a race of power between its encounter cards and its player cards. Just have a look at gandalf arsenal. Though I do not like this race, I do enjoy playing tough quests. All of you that, I suppose, are experienced players, know how devastating is the drawback of discarding at random. So yeah, this card could be fun and interesting when you already control everything ... But that is not the game we are playing ... In the game that I am playing (at least), I am constantly trying to cope with tricky situations and to adapt to a new surprise difficulty.

For exemple, the card would have been much more interesting stating that you must discard, let say, 2 cards of your choice instead of one at random. That would have been interesting with potential for deck building.

Ok, may be I am alone on this, and it is just the expression of my feelings. But for me, Nenya is already a very big disappointment. It seems they want to minimize Galadriel stuffs ... Considering Galadriel should be, along with Gandalf, the most powerfull of all characters they have created, it seems very depreciating to have her so poorly equiped.

And again, it is just the expression of my thoughts.

Similarly, I don't understand the fanboyism around Galadriel's cards in CS (not RD), Nenya especially. To use it, she has to exhaust which necessitates Unexpected Courage or some such on her. Nenya should've been 0 resources or given her the other two resource icons as well. Additionally, though she maybe protected from quest encounters by be able to contribute to questing without actually participating, a situation like that is too... situational to be a useful consideration. 4 will is great, but not incredible in the aggregate. Meanwhile, on the topic of HEROES who have 2 for any of the three stats, can people please stop saying 2 is "solid"? It's decidedly average at best.

I really like the Hero Galadriel (play with proxy) - her ability is quite amazing! (you can comfortably have a greater than 30 starting threat... and finish up in the low 20's) 

Nenya is cool (Play with Proxy) but its not an auto include for me, in fact i'm thinking of taking it out. Its quite useful to be able to quest with a little less knowing you can boost willpower by four if needed & being able to pay for Lore cards is very helpful, especially for Elven decks... however Galadriel isn't my first choice for readying cards and Nenya is fairly low on my attachment priorities (Master of the Forge, Galadrim Minstrel, stargazer etc make card draw quite selective). Have started noticing that by the time I'm prepared pay to put Nenya into play that the extra 4 willpower isn't really needed anymore. 

Master of the Forge, Galadrim Minstrel, Stargazer, Tree People... especially when all in the same deck with Galadriel probably would make her mirror a bit redundant for me at the moment too. (Not that I think its a bad card just not sure I'll use it with all the other Elven options... however Galadriel is bound to find her way into many other different types of decks)

In case of solo yes I believe 4 will power by nenya is not really important but in 2 3 players game special nightmare mode it come in handy.

For the most part, I don't rely on Nenya. I have it there to smooth resources (thanks to the added Lore sphere), and when I have it attached, I try to quest without using Galadriel. If I end up needing the extra 4 willpower, then I will use her with Nenya, and if not, then I can just exhaust her for the card and threat reduction. Unless you built your deck in a way that you NEED to have Galadriel's willpower all the time, she really doesn't need Unexpected Courage.

chuckles likes this

In case of solo yes I believe 4 will power by nenya is not really important but in 2 3 players game special nightmare mode it come in handy.

Playing mostly solo with two hands and also with a friend using the same decks.

Galadriel's ability that lets your new allies quest whilst remaining ready is very powerful, especially when boosted by Celeborn. So long as you can play/recycle a steady stream of allies you then I haven't found will power to be problem. Having allies that can quest and then defend/chump or attack every round is very helpful.

I imagine that you are right regarding 3/4 and nightmare. They (Silvan) are extremely fragile, Refugee may not work in a 3/4 player game and any encounter deck that contains cards with "do 1 damage to all characters/allies" can be an instant loss without a test of will to cancel it