83 posts in this topic

Yes, part of me wants an FAQ which addresses these trait oversights:

Elrond and Daughter of the Nimrodel should have the Healer trait
Dain Ironfoot should be Noble
Legolas should be an Archer
Ally Denethor should be a Steward
Rivendell Minstrel should be a Minstrel

Many others which I cannot recall right now

Except Noble, these traits have little effect on the game, so I can see why this would not be a high priority. Still, the theme is so right in so many ways, it makes it more noticeable when there are missing details.

I think Archer was the greatest mistake, I believe it only appears on Horseback Archer? But we have many, but I see no point with the ranged keyword, of course keywords and traits are different things but I find it easy enough to address the ranged.

No, I totally agree with the above, I have actually asked a question to ffg yesterday about Vilya not being an item, though the other artifacts are. And it may play a difference in the future.

It would be great if they could fix it but it will be very hard to do so, because either we have to memorize all that, keep a list beside the board, or ffg release all errata cards -- I would pay handsomely for that.

I hope we get extensively into all race/national traits, including Beorning, Dale, etc.

Then at least to the major occupation (if you like): Warrior, Ranger, Scout, Craftsman (that one is not so random), perhaps even Healer and Minstrel.

Then attachments, mounts is surely getting support, then we've got traps, weapons, armour, artifacts, items, conditions, titles... But already they had been some early mistakes like Master of the Forge fishing any attachment, not just weapon or armour, for instance.

Edited by Ana

Item plays a difference now in the foundations of stone quest stage 3 Washed away requires you to discard Items but not artifacts so Vilya is safe.

"As it begins The Ring-maker cycle, The Dunland Trap also provides more support for the Mount trait, as well as the Time X and Doomed X mechanics featured in The Voice of Isengard, and players will also discover thematic ties to Saruman and the White Council."

So there's a mount in the first AP too then. You may as well chuck it on the bottom of your list. Although, I have no idea what it could be.

Where was Captain of Gondor mentioned? Could someone link me, please.

Edited by ZanzibarLand

I remember the topic Gizlivadi mentions. I wrote back then that i believe we might get a Galadriel hero in Celebrimbors secret, since she was around back then and might have a clue on the ring making (Celebrimbor made the three Elven rings), but it is a guess. After all the names of the two last pack indicate that the heroes will be leading to Ost In Edhil ... Otherwise known as the capital of Eregion, ruled by Galadriel before Celebrimbor :)

Epic call, well done

Nickpes likes this

Well looking forward to haldirs brothers turning up. They will fit nicely into my sylvan deck I think.

Orophin surely. Especially as he seems to be bringing an ally back to your hand from the discard pile. The italics part is a guess only. However, I cannot think of fitting Tactics into a Silvan deck, thus Rúmil will have to join a different (support, perhaps) deck.

Edited by lleimmoen

It would be great if they could fix it but it will be very hard to do so, because either we have to memorize all that, keep a list beside the board, or ffg release all errata cards -- I would pay handsomely for that.

I would love something like that. I've been wanting some art update to some kd the older heroes to get them to be more consistent with the new stuff. I can only dream for now...

Orophin surely. Especially as he seems to be bringing an ally back to your hand from the discard pile. The italics part is a guess only. However, I cannot think of fitting Tactics into a Silvan deck, thus Rúmil will have to join a different (support, perhaps) deck.

True actually. My sylvan deck is tactics and lore.

Rumil would probably fit vetter in my grey company deck. Not necessarily thematically but the deck is low on allies really (I could perhaps take some of the dunadain signal cards out.

I think that Orophin brings your Silvan ally into your hand from play. That's why his cost is only 3 with rougly the same stats of Rumil. 

I think that Orophin brings your Silvan ally into your hand from play. That's why his cost is only 3 with rougly the same stats of Rumil.

I wouldn't doubt it. It fits the rest of the Silvan synergy.

I remember the topic Gizlivadi mentions. I wrote back then that i believe we might get a Galadriel hero in Celebrimbors secret, since she was around back then and might have a clue on the ring making (Celebrimbor made the three Elven rings), but it is a guess. After all the names of the two last pack indicate that the heroes will be leading to Ost In Edhil ... Otherwise known as the capital of Eregion, ruled by Galadriel before Celebrimbor :)

Epic call, well done

It was a bit obvious imo ... I mean, if there was ever a box named "..... Havens" , i would expect Cirdan :P

Just trying to get a handle on how much support silvan is getting, and it seems to be alot.

TDT: Celeborn, Naith Guide, Tree People

TTT: at least 1 ally, event, and attachment promised.

T iT: Silvan Hero, and 6 player cards!

TNIN: Island Amid Perils

CS: Galadriel, although not silvan trait is still an obvious support card. Orophin.

So, that's 3 heroes including Galadriel and 13 player cards that support Silvan trait.

Of the 13 player cards 7 have been spoiled. besides the ones mentioned above Rumil, Pursuing the Enemy, and Galadhrim Minstrel will show up in TTT or T iT.

That means we have seen almost a little more than half of what silvan has in store, and we still have one more AP to go.

This is truley impressive. I'm not sure we have seen a trait so thoroughly developed during a cycle than this. Dwarves mostly got their boost from hobbit Saga and Khazad-dum, while it only took outlands 1 AP.

But if you took all 13 Silvan cards that we're sure to get in this cycle that's enough for a 49 card deck. With the possibility of more cards in the cycle and the existing cards already in the pool this should give us plenty of deck building chocies to make.

My hope is that the trait does not have an obvious formula for success, and that with a decent amount of cards that support the trait their will be a number of strategies players can take. Although it seems like the main one wil be allies leaving and entering play through player card effects.

Overall it looks like there is alot more in store for Silvan than what we have seen so far. I can't wait to get these AP's in hand. T iT should epic, 6 player cards! Outlands, in Stewards fear, got Hurluin and 4 player cards, and we all know what that looked like, of course they had the ally buff thing going on. But 6 cards for 1 trait in one AP plus hero Hero, should change the silvain trait overnight.

Edited by Tracker1

Just trying to get a handle on how much support silvan is getting, and it seems to be alot.

CS: Galadriel, although not silvan trait is still an obvious support card. Orophin.

So, that's 3 heroes including Galadriel and 13 player cards that support Silvan trait.

Of the 13 player cards 7 have been spoiled. besides the ones mentioned above Rumil, Pursuing the Enemy, and Galadhrim Minstrel will show up in TTT or T iT.

That means we have seen almost a little more than half of what silvan has in store, and we still have one more AP to go.

This is truley impressive. I'm not sure we have seen a trait so thoroughly developed during a cycle than this. Dwarves mostly got their boost from hobbit Saga and Khazad-dum, while it only took outlands 1 AP.

But if you took all 13 Silvan cards that we're sure to get in this cycle that's enough for a 49 card deck. With the possibility of more cards in the cycle and the existing cards already in the pool this should give us plenty of deck building chocies to make.

My hope is that the trait does not have an obvious formula for success, and that with a decent amount of cards that support the trait their will be a number of strategies players can take. Although it seems like the main one wil be allies leaving and entering play through player card effects.

Overall it looks like there is alot more in store for Silvan than what we have seen so far. I can't wait to get these AP's in hand. T iT should epic, 6 player cards! Outlands, in Stewards fear, got Hurluin and 4 player cards, and we all know what that looked like, of course they had the ally buff thing going on. But 6 cards for 1 trait in one AP plus hero Hero, should change the silvain trait overnight.

You keep mentioning heroes as separate from player cards. Don't heroes count as player cards?

You keep mentioning heroes as separate from player cards. Don't heroes count as player cards?
Yeah. I was not sure on that.

Most of the ffg articles say say something like this "Trouble in Tharbad introduces a new Silvan hero, along with three copies of each new player card."

Makes it aound like the hero is not included in the player card count, but I'mreally not sure. Either way it still a lot of silvan love.

Edited by Tracker1

Yea... it can be confusing. I always assume the hero is counted in the player card count. It ensures I won't be disappointed. ;)

Yea... it can be confusing. I always assume the hero is counted in the player card count. It ensures I won't be disappointed. ;)

A few more quotes a bout wether or not hero cards are countered in the player card count.

"The Nîn-in-Eilph introduces a new Ranger hero as well as twenty-seven new player cards (three copies each of nine different cards) that focus on knowledgeable guidance and wise leadership."

"Thus, even as six of the new player cards from Trouble in Tharbad lend further to support the cycle’s Silvan mechanics, another lends strength to the Eagles that last received attention in the Shadows of Mirkwood cycle."

To me it sounds like the hero is not included in the count.

Most AP give us 9 new player cards. For Trouble in Tharbad sounds like 6 silvan, 1 eagle, and 2 unknown.

Anyway, it's going to be a long wait to find out.

Why wasn't the antlered crown spoiled before Trouble in Tharbad, The Nin-in-Eilph and Celebrimbors Secret?
As it was supposedly the Dunlending relic you look for in The Three Trials shouldn't it be set after this quest?
Seems strange for it to be at the end after Celebrimbor's Secret..... perhaps it is on the journey back to Saruman and Isengard that this last quest takes place..?