Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Khyros

Gather around men and women

40 posts in this topic

Hey Vader was black, at least on the outside. Seriously people. Must we politicize this or try to shoehorn it into our current overly politically correct climate? If I wanted this screwed up reality we have now, I wouldn't be spending a fair portion of my waking hours in some galaxy far far away. Glad we have set the record straight on who was what. Now back to xwing!

So, I have a nervous twitch when someone calls Jan a guy, or Krassis a girl, or whatever.  So, the following is a list of men and women in the game so you'll never confuse their genders again!

Jek "Piggy" Porkins

-Yellow Aces _ (Y Wing), Red 6 during Yavin

I know he didn't last long... but he lasted long enough to know he was a human male. ;)
Hey Khyros, when are you going to fix your initial post for Jek?

More Female Pilots, (both Empire and Rebels)?

Yes, please. 

I think it would also be kinda cool if they cast one of Han's ex-girlfriends/lovers/love interests as an Imperial pilot with some kind of crazy suicidal bonus against Han. 

Salla Zend (I am WELL AWARE that Salla was anti-Empire. This is for example purposes only...)

When attacking, Salla may lose two hull to damage two hull of a ship with Pilot/Crewmember Han Solo.

Boba Fett hunting Solo down: It's scary because of his ruthlessness, but in the end, it's simply business. 

One of Solo's angry ex-girlfriends hunting Solo down: It's a whole different level of scary.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...

And with respect to the strong female characters--name at least two women (1) whose names are mentioned in the films, and (2) whose actions have a strong impact on the course of the narrative. It's Leia and… ? 

So does General Dodonna not count as a male leadership figure because they don't (at least to my memory) mention his name on screen?  Or Garven?

Especially for the time, I think the female that ARE in there show an unusual sense of role.  Heck, the Rebel Alliance is led by a woman - and here we are, America, 35+ years later without having duplicated that feat :P

It's also worth noting that one of the defining characteristics of the Empire is the lack of any sort of minority - no women, no aliens, no ethnic humans.  Lucas may not have made some subversive effort to catapult women and minorities past all discrimination, but I think his message was clear.

Edited by Buhallin
VanorDM likes this

So, I have a nervous twitch when someone calls Jan a guy, or Krassis a girl, or whatever.  So, the following is a list of men and women in the game so you'll never confuse their genders again!

Jek "Piggy" Porkins

-Yellow Aces _ (Y Wing), Red 6 during Yavin

I know he didn't last long... but he lasted long enough to know he was a human male. ;)
Hey Khyros, when are you going to fix your initial post for Jek?

Sorry, I didn't even realize I missed labeling him :)

The strange thing in all this is that for RotJ, some female rebel pilots were filmed and had speaking parts.  But the footage was cut from the final film.  You can see one of the female pilots in the briefing scene (for a few microseconds...she's wearing an orange flight suit).  The others were an A-Wing pilots.  You can google "female rebel pilot star wars" to find out more and see the pics.

I'd like to see pilot cards for these two, at a minimum.

Edited by bsmith13

There were only what, six female parts in the original trilogy with speaking parts?

Leia, Aunt Beru, the Hoth controller who ordered the ion cannon to fire, Oola, Sy Snootles (if a puppet/CG character counts), Mon Mothma. Am I missing any?

Vorpal Sword likes this

what about Greedo? I seen her in high heels in some behind the scenes pics.

Greego, the character was male, but you are correct, was a woman who play that role on the movie, I also saw that pic long time ago. :)

Hoosteen likes this

Oh my lord....please PLEASE keep the social justice warrior stuff off this board and leave it on tumblr.

I don't see how this has anything to do with social justice, but if you don't like it, why read or reply?  Just leave it alone and carry on, yeah?

Vorpal Sword likes this

Am I the only one who looks at the Star Wars ships and thinks "wow that's cool" not "I wonder if it is piloted by a man or a woman"?

Everyone is equal in war. Doesn't matter whether you're black or white, man or woman, rich or poor. You fight just the same and you die just the same. Only in war is everyone equal.

TopHatGorilla likes this

The strange thing in all this is that for RotJ, some female rebel pilots were filmed and had speaking parts.  But the footage was cut from the final film.  You can see one of the female pilots in the briefing scene (for a few microseconds...she's wearing an orange flight suit).  The others were an A-Wing pilots.  You can google "female rebel pilot star wars" to find out more and see the pics.

Actually, one of the female A-wing pilots is in the film... but her voice was dubbed over by a man.

Digitalkiller likes this